Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Link

Regular Contributor
dwaynea
My Device: Q10 & PB 64GB
My Carrier: Telus

Link Outlook sync observations

Tonite I installed and tested Link V1.1.1.26.  It was tested on Lenovo X201 running Windows7 and Outlook 2007 together with a Q10 V10.1.0.273.  The test was successful.  :Sorcerer:

One word of caution.  In the Settings screen there are four check boxes to select the various sync options.  As well, two hyperlinks allow you to set the Outlook account, direction of sync and conflict handling.  Once these hyperlinked options are set they should not be changed - subsequent syncs will fail.  I successfuly performed a one-way sync, then changed the config to two-way.  The next sync failed.  I was forced to reset all the settings and start over.  But reset was very easy because simply deleting the Link account on the Q10 wiped all the calendar and contact data associated with the Link sync.  Once I reset and selected two-way sync all was well including the inital and subsequent syncs.

Considering elapsed time.  My sync was 650 contacts and 350 calendar events. The first sync took several minutes, but subsequent syncs, where only one or two records were changing, were quick.

Dwayne A

Please use plain text.
Contributor
dnamer
My Device: Z10 STL100-2, OS 10.2.1.1925
My Carrier: Orange FRANCE

Re: Link Outlook sync observations

Great tip.

I had troubles syncing my Z10 to outlook 2010 under Windows 7.

As you suggest I deleted the BlackBerry Link account from the Z10 and reconfigured the sync.

After a few tries, I also renamed my PC identification.

It works!! Both calendar and contacts.

I can say I get here almost all I need from a smartphone!

More apps would be great.

Thanks for BB. Please continue to develop this tool.

The best would be a tool by BB connecting the outlook to my BB ID, similar to what Outlook.com proposes.

Also, mapping fields and option to see more details of the modifications of the sync. If possible, an option to choose not to sync a specific entry.

Tasks would be great but not priority for me.

All users, have fun 

Please use plain text.