Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Link

Contributor
catkins

Re: Link and Itunes Playlists - Not displaying

I've resorted to trying to work out if it is something about the way real-life individuals create and organise their libraries / folders.

My Music library for example has ended up with some music videos being included in it, some album art jpgs, and a few other assorted tile types.

The My Music library has also had additional folders added to it by various music software (i.e. iTunes) or radio station software (i.e. Audials One), as well as folders transferred from previous computer or hard disk when updating computer hardware.

So I've tried to go through the My Music folder to improve the organising, move all videos to My Videos, and try to filter out any non-music related files.
Well, there was a sort of result - if I selected iTunes as the media player I have now increased from the previous 80 files shown to 2500+ plus all the album cover images showing nicely in the main Link window.
However, if I change the setting back to Windows Media Player, Link shows that I have 3011 songs but a lot of the album artwork is not showing!
And if I change the Setting back to iTunes as the media player, Link immediately crashes. That said, when restarted, it shows the iTunes songs okay. However, whichever media player is used, Link repeatedly has modules crashing (Soluto shows its angel regularly for BB Link), although the program as a whole is still working or visible. Bizarre, but I do wonder if it has a lot of issues with our real-life libraries set-ups?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
lmwhitman
My Carrier: koodo

I have attempted multiple resets of the software with no change. No blackberry staff have responded to this thread since the first day, will there be more follow up? The blackberry support website keeps linking me to these forums suggesting answers will be provided for issues here.

Please use plain text.
sam_a_jenkins
My Carrier: Rogers & Telus

I have finally found a fix for this (that worked for me)

It turns out I had a track with illegal characters in the track name (presumably some dodgy data in the .mp3). iTunes just showed this track name with a string of unprintable characters '￾'

When I deleted the track from the library in iTunes, closed iTunes, deleted the "iTunes Music Library.xml" file in the iTunes directory (which was under "My Music" in my particular installation), restarted iTunes (this recreates "iTunes Music Library.xml" file without the offending track data) and then started BBLink everything was OK.

Finding the offending track is easiest done by looking in the "iTunes Music Library.xml" for unprintable characters.

Hope that helps others. I had suffered from this issue from day 1.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
schmidtmic
My Carrier: Telus

You might be on to something.  Just to clarify i have opened my iTunes Music Library.xml file.

What do you mean by the Track name???   There isn't specifically something called that.  Do you mean this line:  <key>Name</key><string>Truly (Signum Club Mix)</string>

or

another line????

Here is the first part of my file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
    <key>Major Version</key><integer>1</integer>
    <key>Minor Version</key><integer>1</integer>
    <key>Date</key><date>2013-07-03T11:00:07Z</date>
    <key>Application Version</key><string>11.0.4</string>
    <key>Features</key><integer>5</integer>
    <key>Show Content Ratings</key><true/>
    <key>Music Folder</key><string>file://localhost/C:/Users/Michael%20Schmidt/Music/iTunes/iTunes%20Music/</string>
    <key>Library Persistent ID</key><string>9F755EB12D5FE621</string>
    <key>Tracks</key>
    <dict>
        <key>1880</key>
        <dict>
            <key>Track ID</key><integer>1880</integer>
            <key>Name</key><string>Truly (Signum Club Mix)</string>
            <key>Artist</key><string>Delerium</string>
            <key>Album</key><string>Truly</string>
            <key>Genre</key><string>Trance</string>
            <key>Kind</key><string>MPEG audio file</string>
            <key>Size</key><integer>11652411</integer>
            <key>Total Time</key><integer>485511</integer>
            <key>Track Number</key><integer>2</integer>
            <key>Year</key><integer>2003</integer>
            <key>Date Modified</key><date>2004-08-14T00:48:37Z</date>
            <key>Date Added</key><date>2005-01-04T01:41:02Z</date>
            <key>Bit Rate</key><integer>192</integer>
            <key>Sample Rate</key><integer>44100</integer>
            <key>Play Count</key><integer>1</integer>
            <key>Play Date</key><integer>3233931266</integer>
            <key>Play Date UTC</key><date>2006-06-23T22:14:26Z</date>
            <key>Rating</key><integer>100</integer>
            <key>Album Rating</key><integer>100</integer>
            <key>Album Rating Computed</key><true/>
            <key>Persistent ID</key><string>4F5D2CEEAF4D0707</string>
            <key>Track Type</key><string>File</string>
            <key>Location</key><string>file://localhost/C:/Users/Michael%20Schmidt/Music/iTunes/iTunes%20Music/Delerium/Truly/02%20Truly%20(Signum%20Club%20Mix).mp3</string>
            <key>File Folder Count</key><integer>4</integer>
            <key>Library Folder Count</key><integer>1</integer>
        </dict>

Please use plain text.
sam_a_jenkins
My Carrier: Rogers & Telus

Sorry, I should have been explicit.

Yes, that was the field.

Cheers

Sam

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Fr3lncr
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Just FYI that I've been having problems with this for a long time and it is definitely a Windows 8 issue for me.

I wiped/reinstalled Windows 7, installed iTunes, accessed my library, then tried BB Link and everything was there.

Then wiped/reinstalled Windows 8.1, same process but nothing under playlists or All Music.

My music library and music are stored on a network by the way.

So, the only difference is Windows 8/8.1 (it never worked for me under Windows 8).

So, hopefully BB can do something about it, either fix BB Link to work right, or track down the problem and submit it to MS to fix.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Current phones: Z10 + Nexus 4
My BB-past: 9000 > 9700 > 9800 > 9780 > 9810 > 9900 (the best BB to date)
My non BB-past: HTC s720, Galaxy S2
My tablets: 32GB + 64GB PlayBooks
Please use plain text.