Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Link

New Contributor
schmidtmic
My Device: Z10

Link and Itunes Playlists - Not displaying

I have Link installed on my Windows Vista computer.  I am trying to copy my music library over to my Z10 phone. When I select music it shows nothing under the All Category.  It does list under Artists and Albums.  No Playlists show though.

I want to be able to copy my music and playlists over as they are shown in itunes.  Is this possible?

Please use plain text.
Retired
hatchback
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Re: Link and Itunes Playlists - Not displaying

Hey schmidtmic,

Welcome to the BlackBerry® Support Community Forums.

As a small test can I have you go into the BlackBerry Link Settings and Select Libraries, under 'Pick your Desktop music source' change this to Windows Media Player, then go to your Music and under All Music and Playlists is anything displayed?

Now go back into Settings and Select Libraries, under 'Pick your Desktop music source' change this back to iTunes, now check your Music, is all Music and Playlists displaying?

I look forward to hearing back from you.
Cheers.

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
schmidtmic

Hi HB

I made the change you suggested.  Now the music is being picked up.

With Windows Media Player selected:

Songs Count = 848

All songs = Listed

Artists = Listed

Albms = Listed

Genres =Listed

Playlists = Empty <--- but I guess that is expected as my playlists were in itunes????

Before with Itunes selected:

Songs count = 80

All songs = Empty

Artists = Listed

Albms = Listed

Genres =Listed

Playlists = Empty

Looks to be some bug with reading itunes.

I tried to switch it back to the itunes option under libraries as suggested. 

I got an error message " BlackberryLink.Helper has stopped working"  I pressed the Close the program option

Immediately I got a second error message"Blackberry Link has stopped working"   The program then closes entirely.

I was able to restart blackberry link and switch it back to the windows media option.   Still not sure why it won't access Itunes.

I tried 2 other things.  I completely uninstalled Blackberry link and reinstalled it.  This caused the exact same issue.

I then thought that maybe it was my version of Itunes... I had not upgraded to the most recent version itunes 11.  I still had the final itunes 10 version.  I upgraded but the same problem with Blackberry Link still occurs.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
W_Archer

Interestingingly enough:  I am having the identical problem with my own setup:  Even the song count (80) is the same.

I also tried the iTunes / Windows Media / Itunes switch trick and Link trapped & failed, too.

Happy to Beta Test a new version if that helps (I was a Beta tester on the DM7 and 7.1 products for many months).

Good luck!

--Bill

Please use plain text.
Contributor
catkins
My Device: Blackberry Z10

Yep - similar issue here with only 80 songs noted when I select itunes as the media source and yet 2221 songs if windows media player is the source! Seems like a bug?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
lmwhitman
My Device: z10

I have the same issue, iTunes will only display 80 songs. Windows Media shows all of my songs until the end of the 'b' section, but nothing past. No playlists are shown either.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
W_Archer

After some further experimentation:  Although it "shows" only 80 songs - allowing it to rest and synchronize actually gets a lot more on the Z10 than expected.

It is fragile;  That is you can't play with Link while it's synchronizing or it stops (or look at how many songs are now in the device, because that stops the sync, too, it seems).

However - last night I checked and there were several gb of songs now on the media card and it seems to be slowly growing.

I'm doing all this over WiFi as well - not directly connected USB.  It's a little slow, to be honest, but at least it's sort of getting there.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
W_Archer

Further testing:  connecting the Z10 via USB cable gets a better result.  It still fails at about 5180 tunes or about 8gb or so.  Link sometimes shows a true number of iTunes songs but then 'refreshes' to show just 80.again.

Just repeating that I'm very happy to beta test Link for you.

Cheers!

Please use plain text.
Pinder73
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

hi,

i am also getting exactly the same issue. Is there a fix for this??
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
schmidtmic

Not yet
Please use plain text.