Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Link

New Developer
Navaneeth
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Link cannot detect my device

Blackberry link is not connecting with my new z10 . It asks to reload the software to connect properly. Can anyone help me with this issue?

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
hatchback
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Re: Link cannot detect my device

Hello Navaneeth,

Please review the following article that covers when attempting to connect the BlackBerry 10 smartphone to BlackBerry Link via USB, the smartphone is detected by the computer, but not by BlackBerry Link. http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/KB33832

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dsigner
My Device: Z10, 9900
My Carrier: O2

I've tried *all* manner of possible solutions (and wasted days) to get BlackBerry Link detecting my Z10, and none work  - including the above suggested solution.

i.e. I turned off the antivirus & firewall (whiile disconnected from the internet obviously :smileywink: ) and still nothing.

just  a few of the other things I've tried...

-removing device password

-removing / rebooting/rebooting/reinstalling BlackBerry Link

-uninstalling and rebooting/upgrading BlackBerry Link

-signing into BlackBerry World

-removing/rebooting/reinstalling USB drivers

-wi-fi connection attempts

-USB cable on various ports attempted.

I have managed to conclude:

1) There is no problem with the Z10 device detecting the PC (The device recognizes PC connection immediately)

and also

2) There is no problem with the PC detecting the device

(e.g. Blackberry Manager is able to detect, connect and recognize the Z10 -although it doesn't know how to deal with it)

but yet the BlackBerry Link software cannot detect the Z10.

After all this time and effort over the last few months I conclude it is the BlackBerry Link code that has some new way of connecting to the device that is not compatible with some aspect of the Windows operating system - hence soooo many users having problems in doing what should be a straightforward task - that of backing up the device.

:smileysad:

Platform: Windows Vista Home Premium.

Device OS: 10.0.10.90

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
skaggsy
My Device: Bold - 9780
My Carrier: Rogers

That articles is actually kind of useless because it only says to check for any Firewall based apps that may be preventing the connection - does not give any other suggestions . . .
Please use plain text.
Contributor
integraworks
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telus

I am having the same issue here.   LINK will not communicate with my Z10.  I have tried removing and re-installing the LINK software, I have even reset the device to factory settings. (what a pain in the **bleep** that is). 

I have disabled all virus and scanning software, makes no difference.  Blackberry Device Manager finds the z10 fine, and the z10 says it is connected to the computer, but the LINK software will not communicate with it.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dsigner
My Device: Z10, 9900
My Carrier: O2

I read about resetting the phone to factory settings and was reluctant to do it, since my phone works perfectly well.

That 'solution' is like saying

"The plane is missing the runway on approach, so dig up the airport and rebuild it under the plane", and when you do you find it was the pilot who always misses the runway and nothing to do with the airport!

I think there's probably someone at BlackBerry saying to the others "told you it was a bad idea" - whoever they are I agree with them, and hope a *true* solution is provided soon!

Has anyone found a workaround to backup the device?

The device switch function *assumes* (=bad) that you want to switch to the Z10, not from the Z10 so it is of no use for backup. :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
inc4real
My Device: Storm 2 9550 Torch 9800 Torch 9860
My Carrier: MTN

Blackberry and it's team of engineers are not helping with this issue, first if you have a usb 2.0 its a problem, what I did was I uninstalled all usb drivers took about an hour and I went online to download them again, turned off power management for each usb hub from the device manager that solved it for me after three to fours working with all the links dropped by baclkberry.

Please use plain text.