Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Link

New Contributor
fharju
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Link does not see my Z10

BlackBerry Link can not see my Z10 that is plugged in.

The BlackBerry Device Manager app in the sys-tray sees it. It asked me for a password and I can use it to browse my device with Windows Explorer. This means my USB connection is good.

But, BlackBerry Link does not see my device.

I have started it as sys-admin.

Retired
hatchback
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Re: Link does not see my Z10

Hello fharju,

One possible cause could be a Firewall, try checking for any installed applications with Firewall functionality to if they are blocking the BlackBerry 10 smartphone from connecting to BlackBerry Link.

Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Contributor
dc240969
My Device: z10

Rubbish, this is a major issue that non trekee people need sorted
Contributor
fbriceno97
My Device: Bold 9790 / Bold 9900 / Z10

is blackberry going to solve this issue?, such a great hardware with Z10 and a **bleep** of software with link.

I have the same issue, with windows 7 64bit

Eddie1199
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

I have the same problem on a Win 7 64 bit OS.  My friend has no problems on a Mac.  RIM, please read and TRY IT on a 64bit Win 7 System.  All of my friends on this OS have the same problem.

So let me put it in point form:-

1. Downloaded BB Links from BB Web Site
  2. Plugged Z10 in
  3. Nothing happens, it is not detected.
  4. Mucked around with it for an hour, finally got it detected... driver installs
  5. Open the settings for the Z10 and in the left pane there are no Backup Now nor Update Software buttons.

Not so hard for you guys to test it out right?  This is one product that can save RIM from bellying up so please don't give us quick answers until you see it for yourself.

btw, that answer about a Firewall is so ......

New Contributor
bushpilot11
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800 & Blackberry Z10

WHEN ARE YOU GUYS GOING TO FIX THIS???????????

I'm extremely frustrated, and have wasted HOURS trying to get BOTH computers, PC and Mac, to recognize my Z10.  Nothing.

HELP, please.

Now.

Thank you,

Mike

New Contributor
bushpilot11
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800 & Blackberry Z10

PS: NOR does it recognize my Torch 9800. This is it with BB for me, folks, I'm about to switch to Apple iPhone and wash my hands of the whole biz. Sinking ship indeed.
Contributor
dc240969

Yip, looks like bye bye BB and hello Apple.

DO BLACKBERRY ACTUALLY LOOK AT THIS FOURM. IF SO GET YOUR FRECKIN ACT TOGETHER

New Contributor
Degui123

I was able to get through this with a Win 7 64 bit os. I started with my original Blackberry Desktop software and my torch. I used the procedure to switch device. After I began blackberry link did not automatically come up and I was directed to My computer and clicked on it there. I did have to do this twice but the second time it was faster with fewer steps. Everything transferred over fine although photos and music were not in the new folders but they were there. All of my outlook contacts, calendar entries and notes transferred problem free.
Rasheedd
My Device: Blackberry Z10

I had the same issue on my Mac (Version 10.7.5). I'm not sure if this is the right solution, but I removed the passcode from the Z10, rebooted the device, re-installed BlackBerry Link and restarted the OS. This time BlackBerry Link detected my Z10 and performed the backup flawlessly.