Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Link

New Contributor
Z10_owner
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Austrian operator
Accepted Solution

Link does not work very well on Mac OS

Hey,

i have to say, there are two issues i have with BB Link and Mac OS X Mountain lion.

1) If i start the software it says there is an update available, but when i click on it nothing happens (does not download)

2) I cannot connect to my BB ID via BB Link...

then i tried it on a windows pc and everything worked.

Is it only me or is it a general problem ?

thx!

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
ViciousFerret
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Link does not work very well on Mac OS

Hey Z10_owner,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

Do you get a specific error when you try to login with your BlackBerry ID or download the update?  Have you tried reinstalling BlackBerry link?  Also is there any security software installed on the Mac OS?  Also what version of Mac OS are you running?

I look forward to your reply.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Z10_owner
My Carrier: Austrian operator

just had to change the firewall :smileywink:
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
Tigershark24
My Carrier: Vodafone

Link does not allow device switch in Mac as far as I can see. Tried it and lost pictures from my device. Windows is better but the instructions are not user friendly, especially if like me you don't know what you are doing. I am sure that I am not the only one to complain about this software, which I beleive is indicative to the lack of care on the user experiance. There is a steep learning curve for BB. I have already advised my wife against BB, she will stick to iPhone as there is a world of difference as with Apple thing are simple and they work! 

There also a big problem with the instructions, which are written from the point of view of someone who knows about the software rather then being intuitive. Whole process takes forever due if you have a lot of data to transfer. 

Blackberry needs to pay attention to this aspect of the BB experienace as there is nothing more infuriating than losing data when moving to a new phone. Clearer instructions that have each step in the process sorted before buttons are pressed and mistakes made is a good idea. 

If things don't improve this will be my first and last Z10. 

Please use plain text.
neoscient
My Device: z10
My Carrier: 3HK

im using a z10, ive tried on both my macbook air 2012 and imac 2009 with osx 10.7.5.

the backups are working, but it wont let me reload the os on the device.

on the imac it always restarts the phone first, then finds the pin ( but its not the one i see under device settings ), then the app freezes at the reload prompt.

and on the macbook air, it also reboots the phone first, then picks up the wrong pin, then gives me the prompt, and then i click ok and it throws this error "cannot repair due to error: (null)"

Please use plain text.
mojoz10
My Carrier: Rogers

I'm in the same boat..   z10 from Rogers.  BB Link on Mac OSX Lion 10.8.3 on a 2011 macbook air.

I've applied all available updates to z10, OSX and using the latest download of Link.

Link detects the Z10, but...

1.  Disconnects and prompts with an error in a popup window - "server connection interupted" - and displays the connected devices - the bb itself and the sd card.   The device then disappears from Link.  I need to unplug the USB and reconnect - and Link detects it - but the same issues continue.

Sometimes the tab in Link displaying the device will say "connection error".

If you leave the device connected, and Link running, you'll get "Server connections interupted" window listing the bb device.

2.  When connected in Link, it indicates "synching music" but is very very slow.  There are 55 songs on my laptop that should get synced to the z10.   It seems to copy some songs but then quits - and says "sync incomplete".   The sync doesn't work.

So, in summary, Link on OSX drops the connection, syncs intermittently at best, and when it does sync, is deathly slow.  I've wasted 4 or 5 hours reinstalling, restarting, etc. with no luck - in fact it seems to get worse.  At least at one point I was able to successfully transfer a bunch of songs onto the device.  However, I've been trying for 2 hours this morning and no luck.

Link on OSx is buggy!  Are you experiencing the same issues?   Please share..   

Please use plain text.