Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Link

Contributor
jays432
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Orange

Link is WORKING and I can back-up!!!!

Numerous problems installing Link, it not seeing my Z10 to back up (driver issues) etc etc

This morning I get a text message from Orange saying to switch my phone off to apply some new settings they have updated. Though I would give Blackberry Link another go, never really thinking it would work, and its doing a back-up!

So excited I have already done it twice :-)

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Link is WORKING and I can back-up!!!!

Can you please provide the changes that they asked you to make so that others may benefit?

Thanks.

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
jays432
My Carrier: Orange

Re: Link is WORKING and I can back-up!!!!

I didn't make any changes!

Originally had problems installing Link, interrupted install & when I tried to repair "a file missing" (although its seems to work fine)

Link would not see my device properly to back-up "no device data" and then the driver error also.

I rang Orange last week and they tried some things - nothing worked. I was going to ring again but on Friday I got a text message saying to switch my device off & on again as there were new settings. I assumed it was because thats is the actual due date on my contract (an upgrade) but I thought I would plug it into Link and see what happened afterward. Everything is working! I have Win 7 and regularly do Windows Updates. The only thing I went out of my way to install was .net framework 4.5 (which I read on another forum had cured someones problems but didnt for me)

Please use plain text.