Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Link

Retired
ViciousFerret
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Link problem installing

Hey Jays432,

There is a direct number for our support however there is a cost: 0800 096 2201 and press Option 2.

If you go through your network service provider it will be free support.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
Visitor
robwindows
My Device: Z10

I have tried to install the link software for the last week.

I have tried on 2 XP machines and 2 windows 7 machines. All hang at the end, and on repairing the install, I get the following error

"Error 1723. There is a problem with this windows installer package. A dll required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Action repairRimUsbDriverNT.07D232B_7904_4970_8B22..."

I have uninstalled the desktop manager, restarted several times etc etc following the limited instructions given on this forum. Even tried on computer which did not ever have any Blackberry software on it.

Gave up on that.

Tried to speak with T-Mobile (network provider) and spoke to someone who had no idea, then transferred me to a technical support person who decided to look on blackberry forums (he admitted this and I explained we had done for a week!) and then said that he didn't know and there was no way he could put me through to anyone to get this sorted.

I have sent 3 messages on Twitter but have not had any reply on this either!

I notice there is a support phone number, but there is no way I am paying as it is not my problem, clearly something is wrong with the Blackberry Link software. I believe this should be free as it is clearly not suitable for use.

I notice lots of people on this forum and others are having the same issue. If this is not sorted this week, then the phone will be returned.

PLEASE SORT THIS OUT!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
jays432

Even though Link never properly installed it has opened (although no back-up) today it crashes

Please use plain text.
Contributor
jays432

I have found quite a few Blackberry logs with this

VSerialInstaller: RebootRequired entry not found in driver parameters key

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread

Tell your provider that Blackberry online support has asked you to escalate to Blackberry support to provide logs for a known bug, and I believe that they have to transfer you. :smileyhappy:

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
FLYINGBROMAN
My Device: 9630

I am experiencing this EXACT problem since downloading the new desktop manager.  Been using the Blackberry 9630 for YEARS, and now cannot sync any of my data.  I have stayed loyal to the Blackberry despite intense pressure to "upgrade" to different popular brands of smart phones, but I have resisted.  Unfortunately, I cannot keep this phone is this problem is not solved within the next few days.  I will be forced to move to another brand.  Sad.

If ANYONE can fix this problem please let me know.  Seems to me that a new release of the desktop manager is needed.

Mike B

Please use plain text.