Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Link

Contributor
MaKo7
My Device: Q10
Accepted Solution

Link v1.1.1 sync error: Failed to commit changes to the device

Hi,

I've been trying to sync my Q10 with Outlook for many times now without much success.

PC OS: Windows 7 Enterprise 64bit

Q10 OS: 10.1.0.2309

Outlook 2010 32 bit

BB Link: 1.1.1.26

Steps:

Q10 completely clear - no contacts, no calendar entries

Start BB Link

Connect Q10 via USB cable

Click Q10 tab, Settings

Synchronization - Contacts & Calendar - Configure

Select Outlook account

Click Sync Contact & Calendar

(after couple of minutes) "Sync unsuccessful" is shown, click on it

Error message reads "Failed to commit changes to the device"

Click PC tab

Click Create Log

in SyncLog.html, the error message near the end of the file reads

11:47:36.369  CBBTransBase::Close - Failed to commit changes to device record store

11:47:36.369  Error Information: 18022 Failed to commit changes to device., File: .\BBTransBase.cpp, Line: 427

Back on Q10, contacts are synced OK, but none of the entries appear in Calendar.

Any help will be very appreciated. Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
pnoelw

Re: Link v1.1.1 sync error: Failed to commit changes to the device

I am having a similar issue. I have been able to 2-way sync calendar by doing that individually. But when i try contacts (turning off the calendar sync first) i also get the "failed to commit changes to device". It seems to get a long way through the process and even writes to device for a few minutes before failing. at the start, it did succesfully complete a 1-way sync to the device so all contacts are there. but it won't now complete a 2-way sync of contacts.

Regards

Please use plain text.
Contributor
pnoelw

.......an additional note to the above. i have a large contact list - 970 items. I'm sure that is what is causing the issue.

Regards

Noel.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
MaKo7

pnoelw wrote:

.......an additional note to the above. i have a large contact list - 970 items. I'm sure that is what is causing the issue.

Regards

Noel.

Yes, I think that too. I have a relatively small contact list (~350), but a large number of entries in my calendar.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
FrankieS
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Hi MaKo7,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community.

Sorry to hear about the issue you are having synchronizing. This KB article may provide more information. http://blackberry.com/btsc/KB34381

Let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
pnoelw

Thanks for the link, Frankie. At least we know it's being addressed but it really leaves me in the lurch. I can't go back to my Bold 9870 because the Q10 is a micro-sim and I really rely on constant syncing of contacts and calendar. If i disable contact syncing i can still sync the calendar. I'm afraid it's a sad indictment on BB's rush to market. I hope they can fix it soon!

Noel.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
MaKo7

Hi FrankieS,

Thanks for your reaction. I'm relieved that my problem made it to the BB Support Community!

Being a SW developer myself, I can see problems you are having - a new product on a new platform.

I'm looking forward for the fix - albeit "No resolution time frame is currently available.", as the KB article says :-(

Good luck,

Mako7

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
DshX

Thanks FrankieS

Good to know that BB is aware of this.  We have also just upgraded the business phones to the Q10 and without the business contacts loaded they are essentually unusable.  Your estimate of the amount of time to correct would be useful.  If it will be days fine, we will wait; but if it will be weeks then we will have no choice but to downgrade back to the previous handset.  Thanks, DshX

Please use plain text.
eta0305
My Device: Blackberry Q10

I have the same problem. Started as soon as I upgraded at least with the old version I could do a one way sink. Disappointing for what should be bread and butter code for RIM.

Have you heard anything from the support team???

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
DshX

Thanks ETA

Sadly, we have not received any response from BB.  What we have seen is that there are other forums reporting the same fundamental issue.  It is a killer issue for us and I believe others as the phones are completely unusable within a business environment without the business contacts loaded and synced with MS Outlook.  This was one of the strongest points for BB 7 Desktop Manager and for BB to leave it out on the Series 10 phones is really unthinkable.

Please use plain text.