Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Link

New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Bell

Link won't recognize Q10 on Mac

Hey, folks.

So I've got an issue, and I know I'm not the first to encounter it, but as far as I can tell, there's no good solution anywhere online.

I know there's been general connectivity problems between the Q10 and Link -- I used to have them on my old laptop, but it would always connect after some finagiling.

I bought a Mac a few months back. I connected by Q10 and backed up my data, transfers some pictures, etc.

But all of a sudden, a few months back, I simply couldn't connect via USB. Bluetooth transfers worked just fine, USB connections sort-of worked (in that I can transfer some data, sometimes, but it's always very touch-and-go.) But if I plug it in via USB, it's a no-go.

I can see the Blackberry in my Finder, but it's only via wi-fi. And my Mac won't let me connect to see the files.

Here's what I've tried: 

• Alternating mobile sharing settings, including -- turning on/off  'Blackberry Link' in the Q10's settings, turning on/off bluetooth, wifi, and airplane mode, turning on/off 'access using wifi', turning on/off  'use mobile network.'
  • Hard resets on the Blackberry, pulling the battery, pulling the media card, and restarting the Mac. (And all sorts of combinations therein.) 
  • Changing 'connect to Mac' to 'autodetect' and turning off/on 'USB mass storage.'
  • Removing the device from Blackberry Link, logging out of my Blackberry ID, and uninstalling and reinstalling Blackberry Link.
  • Changing the name of both my Blackberry and my laptop (initially, my Mac did think that my Blackberry was a previous model I had, because they had the same name.)
  • Plugging it on on a PC -- which worked.
  • Trying different Blackberry USB cords, deleting all my Blackberry data I could find on my Mac, and making sure that the USB connection is 'trusted' by the Mac.

It *sounds* like the easy solution is to backup my BB, format the whole thing, and restore it. But there's the trick -- I can't format it on my Mac, and transfering over all the data from another machine onto here, and hoping it all works out sounds like a risky endeavor.

So I'm basically stuck. I want to be able to pull off a lot of app data onto my laptop, and I just can't do that over wifi.

I'm at the point where I think I've tried *everything.* Any suggestions would be fantastically appreciated. I've always been more of a PC guy, so it could be that I'm missing something elemtary on my Mac. (For what it's worth: my iPad connects just fine.)

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900/9780/9810
My Carrier: Singtel

Re: Link won't recognize Q10 on Mac

I had problems connecting my Windows phone and BlackBerry devices too to the macbook... though not with windows...

Did you double check your firewall settings?
New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Bell

I've got no firewall. There ought to be nothing blocking it. I have no problems connecting anything else to my laptop. It's the weirdest thing.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Rogers Canada

Hey,

Just poking this topic to see if your issue was ever resolved. I'm having a similar issue with my z10 and it's driving me batty. Any luck?

Forums Advisor III
My Device: BB

YeonAh    What is your issue, I will try to help you.