Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Link

BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
ViciousFerret
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Media Sync Doesn't Work

Thanks for the reply Jason.

We are going to need to gather some log files from BlackBerry Link and the BlackBerry Z10.  I suggest contacting your network service provider and asked to be transferred to BlackBerry so we can find the root cause.

Thank you.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
jfcodere
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Fido

[ Edited ]

I have the exact same problem as Jason, on a Mac, with a Z10 that was given to me at launch.

For some reason it worked once, after a few tries, but then I resetted the phone and can't do it again. No music, no pictures, no nothing.

Link says they're there, but not the corresponding app. The numbers associated with the bar on top of the window showing memory usage adjust accordingly, but not the bar itself. It did the time when it worked.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
baldy
My Device: z10
My Carrier: fido

Having the exact same issue... and with the Playbook as well.

Blackberry Device manager sees the z10, but will not mount the storage. I called tech support and logged a ticket, as well as for the calendar not synching, etc.

Hopefully this gets resolved, becasue it hasn't been a smooth transition at all from my 9900.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
jasonhoffman
My Carrier: Koodo

What Mac OS are you running? I have Snow Leopard 10.6.8

I have an open ticket with support, spent a few hours on the phone with BB tech support, and moved through the various levels of tech support. Looks like quite a few people are having this issue.

I'm also having issue with Google Calendar not syncing. I have google apps (free version). I added this account as an Active Sync. My primary calendar shows but the secondary calendars don't show. Tech support is looking into this issue too.

Jason

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bbsuperabuser
My Device: Torch 9810, Dev Alpha A, Playbook 16g
My Carrier: AT&T

Google calandars need to be added individually as Caldav now, after clicking on email,contacts and calendar click advanced and populate the info yourself. BlackBerryOS has a perfect howto with pics. The istructions apply to both BB10 and Playbook devices. http://www.blackberryos.com/content/friday-tip-add-any-calendar-your-blackberry-10-4880/

Please use plain text.
Contributor
jasonhoffman

[ Edited ]

This allows me to view the shared calendar only. I can't edit or add events with this calendar - I have read/write access to this calendar in Google Calendar.

Closer to what I need, but not quite there.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
jasonhoffman

Another issue - how do enable meeting invitation for Active Sync calendars? On my Active Sync accounts, under Participants, it says" this calendar does not support participants".

Jason

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bbsuperabuser
My Device: Torch 9810, Dev Alpha A, Playbook 16g
My Carrier: AT&T

Add each individual calendar to get read/write access. I've added 8 calendars this way to multiple devices, and they all sync together. Google doesn't play nice with PlayBooks any more.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
jasonhoffman

I added my Google App account as Active Sync. My primary calendar shows but does not show secondary/shared calendars. My primary calendar does not let me invite people.

I added the secondary/shared calendar as per the instructions http://www.blackberryos.com/content/friday-tip-add-any-calendar-your-blackberry-10-4880/

This allows me to view the calendar only but I cannot add events or edit events for this calendar.

The shared calendar I am referring to is from another person's Google account (non Google app account - regular gmail account).

Active Sync on my iPhone allowed me to add/edit events and invite people all without the need to add a special separate CalDav.

Is there a workaround to invite in a Active Sync account and to edit/add events to a shared calendar?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
jasonhoffman

I have an open ticket with Blackberry tech support. I have been told these issues have been escalated and staff are looking into them.

1. It appears Blackberry Link does not play well with Mac. I have tried syncing my Z10 on Macs with Snow Leopard OS and Macs with Lion OS. The Z10 will not mount as a drive/device on the Mac. I do not have an SD card so I am relying solely on my Z10 internal memory.

The Z10 shows up in Link, although only when connected via USB. It will not connect wirelessly. I have tried different USB cables and different USB ports. Files (songs, videos, pdf's etc) appear to transfer from the Mac to the Z10. The used disk space will also change relative to the files that I drag and drop onto the Z10. However, the files do not actually transfer, even though it shows up in Link. The used storage on the Z10 does not reflect that of the used storage in Link.

2. I am also having issues with syncing Google Apps accounts with the Z10. Email and contacts appear to function properly. It's the calendars that do not. Specifically, the secondary/shared calendars. Secondary calendars that I have created with the Google App account do not show up on the Z10 calendar. Shared calendars that are shared from a Google account outside of my Google Apps account also do no show up on the Z10. I have added both these calendars via the following instructions: http://www.blackberryos.com/content/friday-tip-add-any-calendar-your-blackberry-10-4880/

This allows the secondary/shared calendars to be viewed. But you cannot add or edit events.

Hopefully BB tech support can identify these bugs soon.

Please use plain text.