Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Link

Hall of Famer II
My Device: PRIV (5.1.1), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Microsoft outlook sync?

I don't know. From all I presently understand, we have a choice:

Use an internet-based site as transport for Calendar and Contacts. Must be one that is compatible with BB10. Requires a connector between Outlook and that internet site.

- OR -

Use something that provides a wired synchronization between the BB10 device and Outlook (like the Desktop Software used to do).

For the first option, if the internet transport you are using is your primary email provider, then all will work fine. But, if you can't use your primary for one reason or another, then you have to use a different one for Calendar and Contacts...and it's the processing of invites/responses that seems to be the biggest issue for these...they appear to come from the secondary account that is being used just for this purpose rather than the primary email account for the person. Consider someone with their own small business domain on, say GoDaddy, but they have their own domain. Prior to BB10, they would send/receive meeting invites via Outlook or their device, and they would all process and appear to come from their company domain, including responses to invites. With BB10, if the primary domain cannot handle Calendar and Contacts, then a secondary service must be used...and the meeting invite/responses may appear to come from that secondary domain rather than the persons primary business domain. A problem.

It's actually the second solution (wired) that I thought you'd found, which sounded exiting! But, alas, I think you have simply found another connector between Outlook and Gmail, which is fine for someone using Gmail as their primary domain, but not for someone who is not.

Thanks!

Get your 15% discount at ShopBlackBerry.com! Click Here for details.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.
Contributor
My Device: Playbook and Z10
My Carrier: EE

I got the Z10 thinking (rightly or wrongly) i would get a smartphone that would build on the successful features of my previous Blackberry devices) - looks like this accorn fell well away from the tree! C'mon BB - get it together and give us back the features that mattered!

My Device: Z10
My Carrier: O2

I have upgraded from Bold 9000 to Z10 an nio sync to Outlook for a small business is very poor.

No one seem to know how to resolve or what Balcberry's intentions are.
Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Telus

just 2 cents i am incharge of all phone purchuse for my office and talking around i got 15 people that would love a new phone with cool apps but without outlook they have no intrest and i have been advised to consider iphones... common BB i can only hold em off so long.

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10

From what I have read, the setup of the iPhone would be the same as for the Z10. It appears BB adopted the same process as Android or iPhone. It is my understanding that if on Exchange Server, business network outlook, it sync fine but on stand alone PC one has to sync usinc cloud, Hotmail or google mail. Am I right, if yes than switching to other phones(android or ipnone) will not solve your sync issue.

Contributor
My Device: Playbook and Z10
My Carrier: EE

Correct. So best to wait for BlackBerry to release the link update.

Hall of Famer II

It all depends on what the end users requirements are. For instance, if the requirement is for direct device <> Outlook synchronization (via USB or BT), then that indeed is currently not available for BB10 devices. But, if the desire is for device <> Outlook synchronization but without the requirement for it to be direct USB/BT, then that can be accomplished via passing through some compatible "cloud" service (with the proper Outlook Connector for the computer).

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.
My Device: BB10
My Carrier: Bell

I support an office of about 10 employees with phones.  We do not use and exchange server - most of our guys are all on BB - a few with IPhones - no androids  because we  like that we can sync directly with our computers via USB with BB and IPhone.  We are VERY disapointed that the new BB Linc Software does not allow you to sync to Outlook. 

With the IPhone, we absoutly can sync with outlook calandars and contacts and unfortunately if BB does not add this functionality back in quickly we will all be switching as we replace our old devices.

I'm also appauled that BB hasn't made any comment regarding this issue.

Hall of Famer II

CDN_Lady wrote:

I'm also appauled that BB hasn't made any comment regarding this issue.

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

If you search carefully in these public forums, you may find a post from an official BlackBerry person on the matter...with the quantity of posts, that will of course take much time to find, but there indeed is something there (unless it's been redacted, that is!!).

Good luck!

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: BB Z10
My Carrier: Telus

I received this reply to my tweet from @BlackBerryHelp :

Thanks for asking! PIM synchronization is currently not available in BlackBerry Link, but we are committed to including this later this year

I really, really need the Outlook sync feature but I'm enjoying the Z10 so much that this promise is enough to have me suffer along 'til the feature is added back to BBLink. I'm hoping it will be sooner this year, rather than too much later this year, but I'm guessing the support crew have their hands full since the UK, Canada, etc. launches & will be trying to clear the decks as best they can prior to the US launch. I have explored the workarounds & they all seem to work but only at a price, in either direct $ or time.