Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Link

Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Microsoft outlook sync?

Most understand they can use a 3rd party but I have stayed with BlackBerry because of this feature and without it there really is no point. I don't want the cloud 

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2582), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Each to their own desires, I always say! I prefer the cloud so that, when I'm out and about, my calendar/contact changes can be OTA reconciled back to my other data repositories. But, as I say, to each his own!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor

I understand. But choose not to host confidential information on a 3rd party. I will be settling up exchange this year but that doesn't help me today. What about the small business that is concerned about the cloud and find it overboard to add exchange.   I do love the keyboard though.   Also would has been easy to allow users to decide 

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

hello XBetadogX,

keep in mind that your emails go through several 3rd parties (the Mail transport agents) so basically they already have your contacts email & your calendar event... :smileywink:

That being said, the BlackBerry 10 phones can synchronize to any CardDAV and CalDAV source, so if you are able to find a CardDAV/CalDAV conduit for Outlook, and can publish it with a cryptic URL that only you will know, then you can sync with your Z10.

I do agree that the disappearance of this feature is hard to explain.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Contributor
My Device: BB Z10

I'm still traumatized! Can't believe this simple, but really effective, tool is gone on the Z10. I want to focus on my business & not on learning how to go thru alternative cloud based email systems so that I've got contacts & calendar on my phone. Desktop Outlook works just fine for me & I'd like to stick with it. There are no monthly fees, no charges for going over online storage allowances & it's already done, in place & just plain easy.

Many folk are suggesting the use of Google's Gmail as a conduit - how ironic! Why didn't I just go with Google's Android OS on a Samsung or LG phone to begin with? And had I done that, I understand that I could then have bought an already released 3rd party Android app to sync Outlook, thereby obviating the need for the Gmail account anyway!

Perhaps we are small in number & the desktop Outlook sync folk are just not worth the time but, if that's the case, it would be really nice to have a position statement on this surprise feature elimination from the folks at BB. I am prepared to wait, contactless & calenderless, if I know it's coming back but it's the not knowing that builds dissatisfaction.

Contributor

How do we find out the position they have to be reading this forum.   It is frustrating 

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10

Just got mine to work!! Using Sync2 to sync to google gmail account and the active sync on my Z10 to sync outlook calendars and contacts to my Z10. Works Great. Love the phone. I posted here. http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Downloaded-Applications-for/Z10-What-happened-to-sync-for-con...
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

BrockLtd wrote:

Perhaps we are small in number & the desktop Outlook sync folk are just not worth the time but, if that's the case, it would be really nice to have a position statement on this surprise feature elimination from the folks at BB.

for as long as I have watched RIM/BlackBerry, once they remove something, they never add it back.

It started with fewer support (Act or old versions of Microsoft Outlook or Lotus Notes), then no more Desktop Redirector when the Desktop Software went version 6, and now no more Outlook client/CSV sync, and in a few months no more hoster emails from BlackBerry carriers.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2582), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Freeskiken wrote:
Just got mine to work!! Using Sync2 to sync to google gmail account and the active sync on my Z10 to sync outlook calendars and contacts to my Z10. Works Great. Love the phone. I posted here. http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Downloaded-Applications-for/Z10-What-happened-to-sync-for-con...

Can you tell us how this works for the processing of calendar invites? Specifically, if you create a meeting in either Outlook or the Z10, and then invite someone else to that meeting, does the invitation correctly go out to the other person? Likewise, when they accept/reject, does that process properly when it comes back? Further, the other direction...if someone else invites you, then how does that process when you receive it on either your Z10 or in Outlook?

If you can retain your primary calendar in Outlook and process all of these correctly OTA, then sync2 may be a very good solution. However, if meeting invitations cannot properly process all around, then I'd not think the cost of sync2 would be worth it, especially when there are solutions (e.g., Hotmail/Outlook.com) that provide the same OTA synchronization between Outlook and (via Hotmail) the Z10 for no additional costs.

Thanks!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10

I created a test meeting in my outlook and sent it to a guy in our office. He accepted and sent it back it put the meeting in my phone calender and outlook on my desk. Is this what you wanted to see ?

When my son installed a program outlook connector on my computer at home but we could not figure out how to sync contacts etc. to my live mail, outlook.com maill account ? Did we instal the wrong connector program ?