Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Link

Regular Contributor
janetnewuser
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

NEW VERSION OUT THERE OF BLACKBERRY LINK, 1.1.1.32

COPIED FROM MY RECENT POST TO Z10 GENERAL FORUM: 

Just inquired with Bell if there was a new update for BlackBerry Link -- may I pass on a reminder to BlackBerry  to put the notice out there...  perhaps I just missed it.  Possibly this is the Outlook syncing feature people have been talking about...

I had to call Bell to figure out how to download the Update -- they told me to go to ca.blackberry.com/ and babysat me through it -- you have to go to that main page, then click on Software at the top, then go down the page to the section on BlackBerry Link for OS 10, and click on the line "learn more about BlackBerry Link" and when on that page, click the button for Download for PC or Download for Mac...  mine went smoothly.  My Z10 was on at the time, connected to cellular and to the resident house WiFi, not connected to the computer but just sitting on a table nearby, and some kind of communication between the two I believe took place, what I don't know, or perhaps it was over the clouds... 

Hint to BlackBerry:  Maybe put a line on the Link software itself as to how and where to update it?  And some kind of thing on the web such as "Check for latest update for Link software"  "How to update your Link Software" -- maybe those two exercises could be combined....  but the latest version number should be publicized on the BlackBerry websites, folks....  also don't hide the procedure away so effectively!!  We dummies might get confused and complain...

Maybe also send a text message to the phone, or an email : I got an email from BlackBerry itself re updating my device software a while back, they should do the same for Link.

JSanders
Solutions: 6,028
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: NEW VERSION OUT THERE OF BLACKBERRY LINK, 1.1.1.32

.32 is a couple weeks old, if I recall correctly... anyway, yes you should have been notified while using Link.

ah, see the link here, 06/26/2013

https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/Downloads/contactFormPreload.do?code=A8BAA56554F96369AB93E4F3BB06...

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Regular Contributor
janetnewuser
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: NEW VERSION OUT THERE OF BLACKBERRY LINK, 1.1.1.32

Great, since I've downloaded the update already I can't reprocess that page, but thanks. If I can find where to request any such notifications in future from them, I'll send along my email... they have my email since they notified me re the Z10 update, anyway. But if there is some spot to add it on a page without re-downloading the software, I'll send it again. I wasn't using Link, it was just there on my computer, although I looked at it to try and find an "update" note or tip.