Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Link

Regular Contributor
blondeix
My Device: Q10 - PB64

No Q10 backup possible with Link as "Device wouldn't be associated with BlackBerry ID"

Hi,

How to associate a Q10 with a BlackBerry ID when Q10's System Setting already shows the BlackBerry ID fully informed???

See picture inseted

It behaves the same way in "full backup" and "custom backup" (No personal data to backup yet).

So I am assuming this problem doesn't depend on the presence of personal data or not.

Q10:    SQN100-3   version 10.1.0.238

PC: Windows 7 64bit latest update

Link: latest version

Thanks,

B.Q10-backup.jpg

Bernard
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: No Q10 backup possible with Link as "Device wouldn't be associated with BlackBerry ID"

You need to sign in with a valid BBID on the device.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Regular Contributor
blondeix

Re: No Q10 backup possible with Link as "Device wouldn't be associated with BlackBerry ID"

Hi,

If my BBID is accepted by the "Setting" of my Q10 therefore I take it as valid.

My current understanding is that the BBID is 'my' ID in a BlackBerry context. Hence I have the same ID for my previous BB9900, the current Q10, and for my PlayBook.

Is my understanding right?

Or is the BBID the ID of the device? If true I should have a different ID for each device?

What shall I do?

Thanks, B.

Bernard
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Your BBID is your BlackBerry ID. It's used for AppWorld, etc. You can use the same BBID on multiple devices but it's best to not use it on different types of devices.

On the device go to Settings >BlackBerry ID. Does it show you logged in with a BlackBerry ID username?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Regular Contributor
blondeix

Yes, the Q10, "Setting", "BBID" shows the correct user-name (Which is my chosen email address).

Also, I am using the same BBID (username, password) on my Q10, 9900 and on my PB64.

Is it acceptable?

I understand this should make things easier when, for instance, paying for the Apps of AppWorld.

Thanks, Bye,

Bernard
Guru I
John_Clark

Try downloading an app from BlackBerry World. What happens?