Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Link

New Contributor
G-GR3G-G
My Device: Blackberry Q10 upgraded from Blackberry Curve 9300 3G

Not Working: BlackBerry Link Remote File Access Remove Old BlackBerry from BB ID

[ Edited ]

I have: removed my blackberry q10 from blackberry link, wiped my q10, uninstalled and reinstalled blackberry link, have link version 1.1.1.32, blackberry q10 os version 10.1.0.2309 - which whenever I plug in the q10 after removing the device from link, says there is an os update, so I update it, and then it does nothing apart from rebooting the q10, or gives an error saying 'updates not available. Please check internet connection and retry.'.

Also, I have Logout/login on blackberry link, I know my q10 is activated as I have purchased items from app world, and on the computer the app world site shows that I have a q10 when I sign in. I am using the same BBID and have changed the password on my q10 to see if that made a difference, then signed out and back into link on computer with updated password. I have administrator rights on my computer.

I can access the q10 from my computer over the same wifi network, and it syncs files fine with wireless sync turned on. It is remote file access not giving the option to connect to my q10. 'BBID *email* isn't associated with a device running Blackberry 10 OS or an error occurred when trying to retrieve your information from the Blackberry ID servers.'

The problem is that although I have the same blackberry id for link and my q10, no devices show up on the remote file access screen, and I cannot access my files on my computer from my q10, yet I can sync them on my computer over the wifi network. How can I enable Remote File Access?

A problem could be that I have a Curve 9300 on my BB ID account, so if I could disable this (which I have no idea how to do after a lot of research), this might rectify why link cannot set up remote file access.

What I haven't done is wiped my q10 and uninstalled all user data from link at the same time, as then I would have to manually reload everything on my q10.

My q10 shows my computer in the settings\blackberry link\paired devices ,  but I 'cannot view files on *computer*'. Also, link does not show in the file manager. I set up my q10 as a permanent link not a one-off connection.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Er1nye5
My Device: Q10

Re: Not Working: BlackBerry Link Remote File Access BB ID

No one cares because it's not a z10 (I know because I am having the same problem and no one knows how to fix it and no threads for q10 fix)

Slàinte.
Not all things are good.
Not all things are evil.
But with an open mind...
You can see the difference.
Knowledge is power.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
G-GR3G-G
My Device: Blackberry Q10 upgraded from Blackberry Curve 9300 3G

Re: Not Working: BlackBerry Link Remote File Access BB ID

looks like i'll just have to wait until theres an update for either/both link or q10 os

Please use plain text.