Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Link

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: None

Outlook Sync

I was looking forward to the BB10.  It looks like a great device but, I need a smartphone that syncs my calendar, contacts, notes and tasks with Outlook.  I have in the past had several Palm devices and every one of them would sync seamlessly out of the box.  Now if you're not on an exchange server (which I'm not) you need third party software to sync.  From what I've managed to read online Companionlink will work, but it sets up "DejaOffice" on the phone.  I want to use the calendar  etc. that come on the device, not something else. 

If BB10 syncs with Outlook, I will get the Z10.  If it doesn't, forget it.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9780
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Outlook Sync

I am in the exact same situation. I just got an email about Outlook.com which I have yet to check out perhaps this will do the trick.

For sure though if the Z10 doesn't sync contacts, calendar and tasks I'm not interested.

Kevin

Ilovecaffeine wrote:

I was looking forward to the BB10.  It looks like a great device but, I need a smartphone that syncs my calendar, contacts, notes and tasks with Outlook.  I have in the past had several Palm devices and every one of them would sync seamlessly out of the box.  Now if you're not on an exchange server (which I'm not) you need third party software to sync.  From what I've managed to read online Companionlink will work, but it sets up "DejaOffice" on the phone.  I want to use the calendar  etc. that come on the device, not something else. 

If BB10 syncs with Outlook, I will get the Z10.  If it doesn't, forget it.

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

outlook.com supports ActiveSync, just like the BlackBerry 10 phones (Z10 and Q10), so you'll get the full package email, calendar, contacts.

For Outlook tasks & memos, I do not have information yet.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor

Sounds promising thanks. I'll sign up for an Outlook.com account and play around with it to see if tasks sync too. Not a big memo user so that isn't a deal breaker. K
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Q10, Z10, PlayBook 32

I'm hoping that Outlook 2013 is supported by BlackBerry Link. I know it wasn't supported and isn't supported so far in Desktop Manager, unless there is an internal beta version which supports it. I love my 9900 but it's been a huge disappointment not to be able to sync with Outlook since I upgraded to 2013. I'm hoping that the new BlackBerry Link software resolves this issue.

Twitter: @sheldonbk
New Contributor

The latest version of Blackberry Desktop 7.1 I found does not work with even Outlook 2003. Try installing Desktop Software 6.1.0.36. I use Office Pro 2003 so have not tested it with Office 2010. kevin
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: EE

Blackberry Link and Outlook does NOT sync and Blackberry Desktop Manager does NOT support Blackberry 10! You'd think Blackberry would ensure that its most valuable feature would work on their new flagship device on day 1.

Is there plans for BB10 to sync with Outlook ever?

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: Rogers

I am running Blackberry desktop 7.1.0.37 and it does a great job at syncing with Outlook 2007 on my home PC.

Best Regards,

Raymond...

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2582; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

There is no support for Outlook wired sync. No idea if they are even going to add it or not. I need it too.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

For some, that may be a solution.  But for me and many others, we need to have Outlook on our laptops/desktops be able to sync directly to our BB phone.  That is the sole reason I went with a BB years ago.  I just bought the Z10 and the only thing that's soured the experience is that it doesn't sync with Outlook.  There's a message somewhere that says it will be available in the future.  When?!