Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Link

Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

Re: Outlook Sync

Hello JEBrandt,

you can already sync from Outlook to Z10. There is no estimated date for the sync from Z10 to Outlook.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
celloz
My Device: Z10

Hi,

I can't sync my outlook with BB Z10 since I can sync just local contacts and calendar, not contacts and calendar on the server.

Is it right?

What can I do??

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
JEBrandt
My Device: 9800

I did that when I first bought the Z10 - however, that's NOT a sync.  It's simply uploading the Outlook data on my PC to the Z10.  I've read somewhere, buried in one of Blackberry's website pages, that an Outlook sync is in the works.  I just hope it's sooner than later...

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Hooyah
My Device: Q10

I returned by Z10 and went back to the 9900 because I was not able to sync outlook.  My 9900 syncs perfectly with my Outlook 2007, and like you and others this is absolutley critical to me.  I would not buy any device that won't sync, and do it by wire.  I do not wish to put all my information on the "cloud" where anyone can hack into it.  I honestly believe that somebody at BB ought to be fired over this mess.  How they could put out a new device that is so hopeless as a tool.  It is just another version of the iPhone, and perhaps not as good.  The Z10 will sync your pictures and music!  I want it as a tool, not a toy to play with.  When I want music, I use Sirius, and when I want pictures I can copy them from my storage card.  BlackBerry, we all need your help and interest in this.  I might buy another Z or Q when they solve this issue, but I may have migrated to the sIII and another system.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Hooyah
My Device: Q10

You can not synchronize from Outlook to the Z10, only copy.   There is a major difference in the meaning of these two words.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
zeyadq8
My Device: BB10 With sadness

it does not

Please use plain text.
Contributor
rc3tierlogic

I am going crazy with frustration trying to get me bb z10 to do the basics as well. I cannot:

- sync outlook calander or contacts - I am not on an exchange server

- I cannot manage my music library - everything from my itunes is all mixed up. My podcast and my music

what a joke this device is. They deserve to go out of business for this

#bbz10sucks

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
JEBrandt
My Device: 9800

It is VERY frustrating and Blackberry hasn't done a very good job making things clear.  On the Outlook sync end of things, they have stated they will be coming out with an update that will enable the BB10 devices to sync with Outlook:

http://helpblog.blackberry.com/2013/02/blackberry-link-personal-information-import-and-synchronizati...

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
MPF94025

[ Edited ]

You can sync Z10 with Outlook providing PIM data is first synchronized with 3rd party server, eg outlook.com, gmail, etc. Step by step instructions are posted elsewhere, too cumbersome to repeat here.

Some are still waiting for direct cable sync to avoid uploading to 3rd party server out of concerns for security of the data.

The "official" BBRY post on this dates to Feb 19th. I replied to that post today asking for an update. I purchased the Z10 and think the leap in functionality is great, but will downgrade back to my Torch and BB Desktop Manager  if this is not fixed in the coming weeks.

Even Apple does not force users to use the cloud to sync the iPhone to Outlook: it is all done via iTunes, with use of iCloud an option.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
paleshire
My Device: Bold 9930

Hopefully they come up with something soon. Our business is going to have to return these Z10s and go with Samsung phones using Kies software. Kies syncs locally to Outlook without issue.
Please use plain text.