Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Link

Contributor
dnamer
My Device: Z10 STL100-2, OS 10.2.1.1925

Outlook Task sync

Hi

Seems the sync for tasks is still unavailable. I really miss this.

Any chance to see it coming-up ?

Retired
ViciousFerret
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Outlook Task sync

Hey dnamer,

Thanks for the post.

My apologies, in BlackBerry Link there is no estimated time on if Tasks and Memos will be featured as a wired syncrhonization option.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

AndyHay
My Device: z10

" no estimated time on if"   why not.

It seems blackberry has not thought a lot of things through lately. I was given a storm 2 a few years ago and had it not been for the fact that it was a gift and had a 3 year contract I would have taken it back. I debated on whether to get another but really did like the z10. Now as I begin to discover what it won't do I am I am beginning to question my decision.

Does it not seem logical that my  tasks are just as important as my appointments... Is Outlook not one of the most used scheduling tools on the market. Come on guys get with it. Why should I only have the ability to partially sync my "things to do"

A Blackberry Smartphone is for productivity...you guys need to get your act together before it completely too late

New Contributor
ac57
My Device: 9700

I have a loyal BlackBerry user for approximately 10 years. I purchased the Q10 on June 25. Same day, I loaded the new BlackBerry Link software (sucks) on my PC. I discovered no provisions to sync tasks or memos. I called AT+T. They connected me with BlackBerry. Since I had only 15 days to use and return the phone, I wanted an answer NOW. They told me the link software did not yet sync tasks and memos, but it would be out soon. We'll?? I have been contacting BlackBerry through their ridiculous Twitter support (as if this is "support"). I received ridiculous responses. Something about a BlackBerry enterprise account. What is this? On all of my previous BlackBerry devices, it was simple. I sync'd with Outlook's Calendar, Contacts, Memos, and Tasks. In their infinite wisdom, BlackBerry introduced link software without tasks and memos. are they kidding? Who decided this is what users wanted? As a temporary stop-gap, on June 25, BlackBerry told me to purchase Companion Link software. I did. It results in 2 applications; Deja Hub + Deja Office. They are okay but buggy and created other undesirable issues for me. I would like to know if BlackBerry cares anything about the people who pay for their products. If so, when will we have the ability to to sync FULLY with Outlook?
Contributor
dnamer
My Device: Z10 STL100-2, OS 10.2.1.1925

Hi ViciousFerret

Any new today ?

please give me something to hope for

Contributor
bunty1948
My Device: BlackberryZ10

Apologies for doing a ME TOO! here but having just upgraded from a Blackberry 9630 to a new Z10, what a dissapointment to find that I can't syncronize tasks from Outlook 2013 to my new device.

Please please address this issue as soon as possible. I have temporarily found a work around by converting my tasks to all day events in Outlook, but it makes Reminder on my Z10 pointless. I really don't want to have to re-enter all of my tasks as reminders just to be able to use Reminders on my Z10 even though I do like the look of the app. Please release sync from Outlook to Reminders soon!

I'd also appreciate being able to group contacts as well as that feature has obviuosly gone west as well. Not only does it make texting to a group all but impossible, but it also means that my contact list in enormous.

In anticipation

New Contributor
bigbobbyboogie
My Device: Blackberry Q10

ViciousFerret, you say:

"My apologies, in BlackBerry Link there is no estimated time on if Tasks and Memos will be featured as a wired syncrhonization option."

Does this mean it hasn't even been tabled as a possble addition? As you didn't say "...no estimated time on when Tasks and Memos will be featured as a wired syncrhonization option."

Also, you state "...as a wired syncrhonization [sic] option."

This insinuates that a sync can be done wirelessly, but I don't believe it can. Please correct me if I am wrong. Is there a wireless workaround to sync Outlook Tasks with BB10 Reminders that I am unaware of? If so, please provide the instructions to do so.

Thanks for clarifying.

Contributor
bunty1948
My Device: BlackberryZ10

Hi ViciuosFerret

Have you any further information on the timescael for being able to sync Tasks for Outlook with the Reminder App or Calender App on Z10s with Blackberry Link. Ireally miss this function having "upgraded" from my 9360 to my new Z10.

Many Thanks

Alan

New Contributor
bigbobbyboogie
My Device: Blackberry Q10

Hello?

Any News on an update?

New Contributor
lesoudeur
My Device: Z10

Me too, bought the Z10 and quess what , it will not synch tasks or notes. My old Nokia phone did this and it was 3 years old. I thought I would buck the trend and buy this phone, maybe a mistake. Please get this sorted out.