Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Link

My Device: Z10
My Carrier: ATT

Outlook sync issue

I appreciate BB adding an update to the link program for syncing with Outlook via the USB cable.  Although there is a note regarding that it currently a one way sync from computer to phone, I did find an issue with the process.  Presently, it won't make any updates to contacts that are already on the phone or won't add contacts that are already on the phone.

However,  if your contact in Outlook has the "Full Name" field left balnk and the "Company Field" has an entry such as Blackberry, everytime you perform a sync, it add another new entry of the exact same information.

There is a notice on the import outlook page stating hat an update is forth coming or 2 way sync.  Hopefully this issue will be addressed as well.

In our business, we are constantly adding, editing, and deleting contacts in Outlook.

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Outlook sync issue

Yes, it does have some limitations. Hopefully, as you say, the two-way sync will fix that. I'm sure BlackBerry just wanted to get a solution out there for people to at least get their data from Outlook to the device in order to even use it. I'm sure they're working on it just as fast they can.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Get 15% off a new BlackBerry device from ShopBlackberry! Use discount code vj7wgxj9w (Limited time only!!!)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!