Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Link

New Contributor
nicslou
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Problem Transfering Contacts to Blackberry Z10

Ditto here!.... BIG oversight RIM and try to get help or send emails to the company?!?

I love the multi-task but seriously....Can't sync contacts or calendar to Mac - and host of other bugs - that we're left to vent to forums about!

This is not a great start - I went back to the store and looking at returning phone. I held out for months trying to be loyal...but the whole BB issue looks dead to me!!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
nicslou
My Carrier: Bell

Hi, Thanks to all of you loyal BB users that are trying to keep us all moving!

I can't transfer contacts or calendars from my mac descktop or laptap to the phone.  Going from my desktop to my torch to my z10 -frankly sounds stupid.  Anybody know how to sync calendars and contacts from mac?  Help - I think I'm returning this glitchy thing and fear I might be giving in to the mac conspiracy....

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Cbreton1961
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telus

cant transfer contact from 9800 to z10

Hi

I cannot  transfer  my contacts to the  Z10 from 9800 , using the  BlackBerry link software. It says  all the  time  that the  data  are  not  supported or  that there  is  a problem  with the  connection .  I tried  different  things. Uninstall and  reinstall BB link and BB software  for  the  9800. The  link software  sees  the Z10 , no problems.

The 9800 have  version 6 operation system. Should  be  no problem BB says  i need  os 5 at  least. The sim  card from the  9800  was deactivated as  i activated  the  one  in the Z10. I took the  media  card  from the  9800 and  installed it  in the Z10. No problems, all pictures  and  stuff is  there  in the  Z10 with the  media  card. But  no contacts  since  the  contact were  not  in that media  card.

I tried  backup the  9800. Works  perfect. Then restore the  contact in the Z10 with BB link and it  says data are not  supported.

What's  happening?  There  probably is  a problem or  some  kind of  settings  in the  9800 that cause  this. Any ideas?

Thanks for  your  help.

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,925
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: cant transfer contact from 9800 to z10

If you have contact groups on the 9800, the data will not transfer.

Read more here:  Contacts are not migrated to a BlackBerry 10 smartphone if contact groups exist

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ElizC
My Carrier: vodafone

I've fought for days with this one, and eventually found I had an old gmail account to which my contacts (look in Contacts, Options) were attached and my calendar was syncing with facebook (look in Calendar, Options).  Both of these had to be disabled before I could use BBLink to restore my calendar and contacts.   I backed up first using BBDM, and synced with outlook. 

Getting rid of the gmail was the hardest.  For email, I entered the gmail account, deleted the contacts and disassociated my current email address with the gmail.  That did not help with my Torch - it still had all contacts under the gmail address and I could not find anything in the service book to delete.  I ended up doing a wipe of my Torch then restoring everything from the back up except the contacts.  I then used BBDM to sync my contacts one way from my computer to the Torch.  At this stage the Torch gave a message saying the gmail account was no longer available and therefore the contacts would go to default.  I did a custom back up using BBDM of the contacts and using BBlink restored this file to the Z10.

With the calendar, some of my appointments had saved to default and some to facebook.  The default ones were carried across in the transfer from Torch to Z10, but the facebook ones were not.  Solution here was to delete anything with CICAL from the Torch service book (options, device, advanced options, servicebook).  Then again custom back up the calendar from the Torch and use BBlink to restore it to the Z10. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
TOLIVER2006
My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: Sprint

Was any one able to help your friend? I'm about to cancel an email address, so does that mean I'm going to be screwed when I get the z10 due to the contacts associated with closed email? Or must I wait to transfer before shutting down the email address?
Please use plain text.
Contributor
TOLIVER2006

This process sounds like He'll!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
TOLIVER2006

Was your friend able to work out the contacts issue re: the email addresses that no longer existed?

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,925
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Posting questions in a 2+ month old thread usually isn't helpful.

You have a thread of your own started we'd be happy to help you in.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
TOLIVER2006

Which server is the friendliest when it comes to transferring? Google powered contacts or outlook powered.

Thanks

Please use plain text.