Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Link

New Contributor
kathmandu
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Bell

Q10 Calendar & Contact Sync

I've downloaded the latest version of BlackBerry Link for Mac however the calendar and contact sync are still grayed out and I'm getting frustrated.  Anyone have any suggestions?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
NM2013
My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Q10 Calendar & Contact Sync

You need to connect with the USB cable and then the options show up.  I can get my contacts to sync, but have had no luck to date on my calendar.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kathmandu

I having been connecting with a USB cable and both are grayed out.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Messagepads
My Device: Q10 and PlayBook 64Gb
My Carrier: Proximus (BE)

It takes some time for the device to appear and then, if you still wait some time, at one point, the possibility to sync should be validated.

However, the current software version does not seem to function correctly and nothing is actually synched to your BB device!?

Hopefully, this issue will be solved shortly...  :Yawn:

-------------
Don't forget to mark as "solved" if your question is replied and to "like" a useful reply to your post ;-)
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kathmandu

Been there done that and the phone is never recognized by Blackberry Link all of which is incredibley frustrating.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Messagepads
My Device: Q10 and PlayBook 64Gb
My Carrier: Proximus (BE)

If my memory is correct, after the installation of BB link software on the Mac, you have to restart the computer and I was then asked to allow this sotware to access my contacts: did you get this question as well?

Referring to my previous "old" experience we've been having issues when Apple implemented the "iCloud" functionnality which "removed" phisically the contact and calendar files from the computer. I would assume that this issue was taken into account when developing the (more recent) link software but who knows...

-------------
Don't forget to mark as "solved" if your question is replied and to "like" a useful reply to your post ;-)
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kathmandu

I've restarted it every time, the phone still doesn't get recognized.  This is all extremely frustrating.

Please use plain text.