Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Link

Developer
supraking
My Device: Not Specified

Q10/Z10 Wireless Connection Error: Unable to set up a wireless connection between this device and BlackBerry Link

Hi all,

I'm having a problem with BB Link on my work computer. I am trying to enable wireless connections to my computer via Link settings for the device, but receive the error "Unable to set up a wireless connection between this device and BlackBerry Link" when I check off the box.

I am signed into BlackBerry ID and have followed the same steps I did on my home computer (which works great). My device is connected to wifi, my computer is on a basic work network with a single static IP address, I've tried using the DMZ feature of my router with my computer's IP, and still no luck.

Is there a limit to the number of computers I can access remotely from my Q10? If so (I imagine the limit is one), will this be changed in the future?

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
hatchback
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Re: Q10/Z10 Wireless Connection Error: Unable to set up a wireless connection between this device and BlackBerry Link

Hello supraking,

Are your computers connected to the same Wi-Fi network? The issue you are having may be related to this article:

BlackBerry Link Wi-Fi Sync does not work when trying to connect with multiple desktops at the same time

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/KB33527

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks.

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
Developer
supraking
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Q10/Z10 Wireless Connection Error: Unable to set up a wireless connection between this device and BlackBerry Link

Hi, it would appear that the problem was resolved after updating BlackBerry Link. I thought I had the latest version because the software did not find any new updates (even though it was set to auto-update). The latest version (1.1.1.32) worked like a charm. Thanks!
Please use plain text.