Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Link

boom47
My Device: Q10

Q10 contacts sync with Address Book on Macbook using Lion OSX 10.8.4 - non existent function

Dear all,

I am having a problem syncing the contacts on my Blackberry Q10 with Address Book on my Macbook. This used to be possible on Blackberry Desktop Software but this doesn't seem the case with Blackberry Link. When I click sync contacts on Blackberry Link, a window shows as if activity is occuring but that is not so. Can anyone shed some light on this issue?

Many thanks.

Retired
ViciousFerret
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Q10 contacts sync with Address Book on Macbook using Lion OSX 10.8.4 - non existent function

Hey boom47,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

I would suggest checking to see if sync Contacts is enabled in BlackBerry Link for Mac.  Follow these steps:

In the BlackBerry Link Software, while the device is connected:

1. Click the devicename of the connected device (along the bottom of the BlackBerry Link window)
  2. Go to the Link Settings by clicking the gear icon in the top right
  3. Go to Synchronization
  4. Click the Set up Contacts Syncing button
  5. Enable Sync Address Book Contacts
  6. Ensure All Contacts is enabled
  7. Click Confirm

Click the Sync Contacts button to start the Contact Sync process

Let me know if the issue still persists.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Contributor
stefanbechen
My Device: Passport

Re: Q10 contacts sync with Address Book on Macbook using Lion OSX 10.8.4 - non existent function

Before updating to BlackBerry Link Build 33 (the current version), I also had some troubles sync'ing Contacts between the Address Book (Contacts) and the Q10.

After the update everything works fine. I also updated the Q10 o 10.1.0.4181 two weeks ago. 

If you run older versions, I suggest to try the update and see if that resolve the issue.

Stefan

indyvee
My Device: q10

I've done everything you've said to do. Yet problem still persists. The BB Link Program says that the contacts are syncing and nothing gets synced.

New Contributor
Cobus

Guys.

I have the same problem.  Has anyone been able to resolve the matter?

New Contributor
Cobus

Guys.

I figured it out.  I switched to a new Mac, and obviously transferred everything from the old one.  However, you need to forget the phone on your new version of Blackberry Link, then also delete the accounts on the device, settings, accounts, Blackberry Link account.  There will probably be two accounts, delete them both.  (No need to delete your email accounts or other accounts set up on the device).

Then connect the device to the computer, wait for Blackberry Link to start up and then link the device and the computer.  Then set up sync and run it.  Should work fine, good luck!

frenchie3000

Hello i have the same problem..

Brand new owner of a Q10 and it doesnt want to sync my mac contacts to my new blackberry... As i was on iPhone before i do not have any old back ups of any other BB..

I did everything and it always says "sync completed" after 2 seconds but nothing is synced on my Q10...I tried deleting the BB from my mac and the account as well but still didnt work...

What to do ????