Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Link

digfun88
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Q10 on Windows XP SP3 errors BB Link

BB Link refuses to sync my Calendar & Contacts on my work laptop, running Win XP SP3.

I've installed with IT admin the new BB Link 1.1.1 from 06/27/13 and encounter following errors:

1. Link displays in the bottom status button 'Failed to prepare device' with yellow triangle

2. When I attempt to sync Contacts/Calendar, it crashes 'BlackberryLink.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry...'

Error signature: 'EventType: BEX   P1: BlackberryLink.exe   P2: 1.1.1.32   P3: 51c9ef0d   P4: clr.dll   P5: 4.0.30319.296   P6: 50484aa9   P7: 002b6b34   P8: c0000409   P9: 00000000.

I've saved the report. What gives?

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
Sawks
My Device: Z10 / 9900 / 9800
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Q10 on Windows XP SP3 errors BB Link

Hey digfun88.

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

There are a few possible root causes to both the symptoms you have provided. 

"1. Link displays in the bottom status button 'Failed to prepare device' with yellow triangle"

Is your BlackBerry Q10 Smartphone setup to connect to BlackBery Link via a wireless (Wi-Fi) connection? If so, this message can occur if a sync attempts to take place or be configured while not connected to a USB cable. (KB34379)

Have you recently performed a 1 way import to your BlackBerry Q10 Smartphone using BlackBerry Link? (KB34411)

Is the BlackBerry performing a backup that may have been kicked off by an automatic backup process? If so, allow the backup to complete before performing a sync. (KB344440)

"2. When I attempt to sync Contacts/Calendar, it crashes 'BlackberryLink.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry...' "

I suggest running a repair of the BlackBerry Link software after temporarily disabling any security software (such as anti-virus and anti-spyware/malware) that may stunt the proper registering of DLLs and other functions of the install. In most anti-virus applications, there is an option related to "realtime protection" which monitors actions on the computer as they happen. Since the install of BlackBerry Link requires files to be installed to protected folders, and registering of other files, the security software may block this without warning and cause the installation to appear to completed successfully.

Hopefully this helps provide answers to your symptoms.

Cheers.

-Sawks

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter !@BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)

Please use plain text.