Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Link

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Q10 sync to MS Outlook 2010 - Notes and Tasks

Well as I said this is now with BBC Click.

I may just go to one of the consumer programs that should get some response.

This so bad that not a single response from Blacberry.

It sounds like there are thosands just like me.

Contributor

IRBB1998 wrote:

Anyone got Notes and Tasks to synch between MS Oultook and the Q10?

Good News. I have sorted the Sync Problem out myself, Absolutely no help whatso ever from Blackberry. They should be ashamed at the way we all have been treated.

It would be nice to get a comment from them.

Blackberry Z10 to Outlook Sync.

http://www.bb10outlooksync.com/

Load BB10 Outlook Sync Program on PC.

Load the PC Link Software from the BB App Store.

1. Open BB10 Outlook Sync on PC

Check your settings for Synchronisation.

It is very similar to the old BB sync in that you ask for settings to be One Way or Two way.  I just used my Notes and Tasks on Outlook 2007 I was a little concerned that it asked to wipe data from my Blackberry Z10 but as there was no data in Notes or Tasks so it did not matter

You could do Calendar and Contacts, but beware make sure it’s a one way sync first time, just in case you wipe all data from the PC after that set up the Sync to be Two Way.

1. Follow the instructions for synchronisation and then when prompted to connect the Blackberry Link via the USB Cable.                                         (Sorry but the Wireless sync  doesn’t work)

1. I did the sync as instructed and it DID Sync Notes and Tasks in the Remember Folder. I also checked that it worked both ways.

So after nearly a week of total frustration I now have Notes and Tasks on my Blackberry Z10

The only thing is you have to pay for the Program.

Single User License (1)                         - $24.99

Family Pack (3) Users                            - $39.99
Business Pack (5) Users in an Office - $99,99

There is a 30 day trial which I used to just test.

I hope this is of some use to you.

Mike Hornett.

XEricsson

03/04/2014

Contributor

Attention a Senior Customer Service Manager even the CEO.

You know I just cannot understand why a company so professional as Blackberry has and is just ignoring this issue. I have had headaches trying to resolve this for a week and have found the only way was this software as reported in this post. I have even removed the Blackberry Link and just used this software and am pleased to say that all Contacts Calendar Notes and Tasks all sync correctly, just watch the syn setting 1. on the PC and 2. on the phone app. You know Blackberry are just not interested are they !!!!!! Its very poor seeing that lots of us are supporting Blackberry. Personally I resisted Apple but you know I am just questioning if that was the correct decision. Anyway I must run with it now.

Attention a Senior Product Manager.

Yes I agree with previous comments.

I purchased my Z10 thinking it would work easily. It has taken me a long time but on the final stages I noticed that such a basic feature as Notes and Tasks sync on Outlook are NOT Supported. who ever forgot deserves to be fired.

I am a really strong supporter of Blackberry and have resisted moving to Apple but on checking Apple the sync function just works. 

The Z10 is a fantastic product. Skype, Email, Facebook, Twitter, Brilliant function Mini hdmi to TV outlput great, Brilliant Camera.

Come on guys as has been said, you have the remember function which has notes and tasks. There are several applications commercially available that say they have put back this functionality.

And example <http://www.companionlink.com/products/bb10-outlook.html> So it can be done but at a cost.  

Come on Guys get this sorted. I must admit this is so important to me that I may just have to switch back to my old Blackberry that just works till you find a solution or god forbid go to Apple.

I would appreciate feedback from a Senior Manager..

Contributor
My Device: BB Z30
My Carrier: vodafone

Excellent now!!!!!

I M.now having trouble with synching the calender. Says successful, but wiped out all my diary content on the phone. Grrrrrr
Tried 4 times now, checked configuration. Nothing change since previous sync last week. Nowhere to find any help.!!!!!
Gfrrfdffff
Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: EE

I wish I'd seeen these posts earlier. I have spent ages trying to sync my q10. Unbelievable.

I really can't believe that BB, who were the leaders in business smartphones, are ignoring such key functionality.

Anyway, 3 days wasted but at least I am within my 14 days to get it exchanged for something else.

Shame really, I've been with BB for 15 years or so and will misss the keyboard.

No wonder they are dying. The customer service I received was beyond woeful. I've never expereinced anything quite this bad.

C'est la vie. Another great brand bites the dust!

Contributor

Yes totally agree.

What I just cannot understand is WHY Blackberry in NOT making any comments at all. I think that the Z10 is a great phone and has some really good features but such a basic functon that we all have been using both for business and personal use has been completely forgotten.

We need Calendar, Contacts, Notes and Tasks to Synchronise.

I purchased the Z10 Outlook Sync Software which cost me £15 and am using it now.

In fact I have removed the Blackberry Link software which is absolutely useless.

COME ON BLACKBERRY AT LEAST GIVE US AN EXPLANATION WHY YOU ARE IGNORING US.

My Device: z10
My Carrier: none

The best option I had, I returned Z10. Will wait for BB to add sync for notes and tasks.

Contributor

I've done the same. Q10 heading back and Samsung S5 coming. 

Hate the thought of no keyboard but it has to be less hassle than a Q10 that won't talk to the PC!

Contributor

Hi there, I am sorry to hear that you have returned your Z10 but I can understand.

I have totally swapped over to the Z10 and it is a great phone but it's downfall is the Outlook Link to Calendar,Contacts, Tasks and Notes DO not work.

DOES ANYBODY FROM BLACKBERRY READ THESE NOTES.

I still cannot believe that Blackberry are ignoring us. There so many who are loyal users. My solution using software I purchased is still worling. Just in case you missed my solution please find it again. WHY DOSENT BLACKBERRY BUY THIS SOFTWARE AND JUST INCORPORATE IT IN BLACKBERRY Z10 Link.

As I said I have removed Blackberry link and am having no more issues.

Blackberry Z10 to Outlook Sync.

http://www.bb10outlooksync.com/

Load BB10 Outlook Sync Program on PC.

Load the PC Link Software from the BB App Store.

1. Open BB10 Outlook Sync on PC

Check your settings for Synchronisation.

It is very similar to the old BB sync in that you ask for settings to be One Way or Two way.  I just used my Notes and Tasks on Outlook 2007 I was a little concerned that it asked to wipe data from my Blackberry Z10 but as there was no data in Notes or Tasks so it did not matter

You could do Calendar and Contacts, but beware make sure it’s a one way sync first time, just in case you wipe all data from the PC after that set up the Sync to be Two Way.

1. Follow the instructions for synchronisation and then when prompted to connect the Blackberry Link via the USB Cable.                                         (Sorry but the Wireless sync  doesn’t work)

1. I did the sync as instructed and it DID Sync Notes and Tasks in the Remember Folder. I also checked that it worked both ways.

So after nearly a week of total frustration I now have Notes and Tasks on my Blackberry Z10

The only thing is you have to pay for the Program.

Single User License (1)                      - $24.99

Family Pack (3) Users                        - $39.99
Business Pack (5) Users in an Office - $99,99

There is a 30 day trial which I used to just test.

I hope this is of some use to you.

Mike Hornett.

XEricsson

03/04/2014

Contributor

Thanks for your input Mike but I'm afraid that I'm not ready to invest more time or money into a product that so clearly has huge shortfalls. They've taken an OK phone (9900) and made it so much more complicated. Add to that the inability to sync and a complete lack of interest or concern on the part of BB/RIM and you have to start asking yourself why you are doing it!

I've been a long time advocate of the Blackberry but reluctantly, after 15 yars or so, I'm moving on!!