Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Link

New Contributor
My Device: Q 10
My Carrier: ATT

Q10 sync to MS Outlook 2010 - Notes and Tasks

Anyone got Notes and Tasks to synch between MS Oultook and the Q10?

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Q10 sync to MS Outlook 2010 - Notes and Tasks

Hello IRBB1998 and welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Currently, BlackBerry Link supports the syncing of Contacts and Calendar. Notes and Tasks do not currently sync.

For more information on the sync features of BlackBerry Link, please see http://blck.by/1fzEZkD 

Hope this answers your question.

Thanks!

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Iusacell

I want to know when BB Link will be able to sync notes and tasks? this is a feature very valuable for me, and without it, my new Q10 is useless.

I would veey much apeeciate further information.

Thanks.

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

[ Edited ]

I'd really like to know too. I upgraded from a Torch to a Z10 to lose functionality ??? What's with that. This was one of the most important reasons I even HAVE a BlackBerry.

My Carrier: Rogers

I find it shocking that this "issue" has still not been resolved.  Why do you keep giving people reasons to switch?  Tasks and notes are integral to many people's BB experience...

New Contributor
My Device: Q5
My Carrier: EE

I recently upgraded to a Q5 and am shocked and disappointed that this isn't already part of the Link product by default.  Looking around for information I've found discussion threads going back to the start of the year asking for this.

Apparently if you're on a corporate site then the latest Blackbery server will sync Outlook Notes and Tasks with the Remember application so it's not like there's nothing on the device that can handle them.  Unfortunately not all of us have out Blackberry through work (as it happens I have a work blackberry but that's an 8520, Notes sync fine to that).  Remember will sync to my Evernote account but that doesn't solve my Outlook Notes and Tasks issue.

I use Notes a lot and use by Blackberry to keep my work PC and home PC in sync.  I also use the Notes app for things like shopping lists, sites I'm told about at work I want to check at home &c.

I'll go and try bothering the official suport, see if they will help.

Stephen

New Contributor
My Carrier: Vodafone

I cannot believe how poor the new Blackberry software and phone offering is.

As a loyal Blackberry user (I have used the devices from the VERY beginning) my lastest device (a Q10) is forcing me to consider another product.

Two changes to functionality: -

Loss of RIM supplied email address and the lack of ability to change the reply address on my Gmail account (on the device)  to my work address - thus allowing my Blackberry sent mail to end up on my work PC desktop, instead of my web based Gmail account.

AND

the lack of ability to synch my Outlook Notes and To Do Lists with my Blackberry are a step backward.

All you have to do is use a Blackberry device to realise why they are loosing their customer base.

Having been loyal for this many years, I cannot help but feel let down.

My Device: Z10

I'm in the same position. Been a BB user for years, and upgrading from a Torch to a Q10. I can't believe I can no longer sync Outlook notes via USB. This is major functionality for me and is core to how I use the BB.

I'm now considering downgrading to a Torch, or picking up an Android. I liked OS7, which is why I may go back to the Torch. But that device was so clunky compared with these newer BBs. I was looking forward to the Z10, but with this feature gone, I'm not sure what to do. With BB making decisions to drop these sort of features, it seems like I am no longer in their target audience and may as well look elsewhere.

New Contributor
My Carrier: Vodafone

I solved all the problems I have had with my Q10, including all the backward steps OS10 has created... ...I bought an iPhone 5S Smiley Wink ...after over a decade of being a loyal Blackberry customer, I decided that loyalty and support has to work both ways. In the past five years alone, I have watched the RIM product offering become a poor shadow of what it was before: each generation getting worse in terms of build quality, software stability and battery life. I'm sad to move away from BB but I can honestly say they gave me little choice but to do so.
Contributor
My Device: BB Z30
My Carrier: vodafone

hmpirate,

please take a look at all these comments, plus others on Facebook , and other forums.  Are you aware of any information on the sync for tasks and memos?  Like others have said on this thread, BB has downgraded its functionality, the capability is there for syncing with outlook on OS7, and on work servers, so why not make it widely available??????????????

Hope you can help and throw some light to this tiresome issue,a nd very frustrating issue!!!