Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Link

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Etisalat

Restoring a backup! "Blackberry ID on device does not match"

[ Edited ]

hi,Im facing an issue and Im sorry if this topic has been discussed in before as I could not spot it out anywhere/could not find the right solution.I was facing an issue of "other data" to be filled up with 11 GB unnecesarily on my Z10,so i read some blogs and support forums which guided me to wipe my device and remove any unnecesary applications or sideloaded apps which i have never installed or used. (just fyi) As soon as i took my backup and did a security wipe  ,i tried to use the same blackberry id which I had been using previously all this while,but at first it said my password was wrong,all right i can agree that i must have forgotten my password which I mostly tend not to agree to;Why? because all my passwords are same related to this email id/blackberry ID of mine.Moving on,I reset my password using internet explorer and going to the link blackberry provided and thankfully I was over that.But another issue just rised,i could not see any of my data restored,such as app world apps,my contacts,bbm contacts or anything for that matter.Secondly,when i try to restore my backup file it says "the blackberry id on the device does not match" ;whereas the ID on my PC and my z10 is exactly the same.I need urgent help please,i would be really glad as my phone is as good as a nuked bb where I cannot do my daily business tasks or chat or do anything.Any help would greatly be appreciated,thanks Smiley Happy

My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodacom

Re: Restoring a backup! "Blackberry ID on device does not match"

I have exactly the same stupid problem! it isso anoying, worst is this isnt even my device it is a clients backup in my shop!! is there no solutionto this??? Please blackberry we need some support here!