Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Link

Regular Contributor
yonders
My Device: Q10

SYNCING BETWEEN CONTACTS' ACCOUNTS ON Q10

How do I sync between all the contacts from the different accounts that I have on my Q10?

I have 530 contacts in one account 'A' which does not sync to 'Windows Contacts' using BlackBerry Link.

I have just 19 contacts in another account 'B' which syncs to 'Windows Contacts' using BlackBerry Link.

I have 18 contacts in account 'C' which I want to delete.

How do I maintain only the 530 contacts [account A] on my Q10 and sync them to 'Windows Contacts'?

Thanks in advance for the suggestions and help. 

Please use plain text.
Retired
FozzieBear
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: SYNCING BETWEEN CONTACTS' ACCOUNTS ON Q10

[ Edited ]

Hello yonders,

Thank you for your question regarding Contact synchronization using BlackBerry Link.

Accounts configured for wireless synchronization (for example, Gmail, Facebook, Twitter) can only synchronize with the source they originate from. The BlackBerry 10 smartphone will visually link contacts from these various accounts together to avoid duplications in the contact list, however, the entries remain synchronized only to their original source and therefore will not be synchronized to Microsoft Outlook.

The following article will provide you with more information on how this works: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB34368

As a workaround you can add the desired contact information to Microsoft Outlook manually or by exporting contacts from the source account to a CSV file and then importing to Microsoft Outlook. Once the contact information has been added, synchronize again using BlackBerry Link. For information on importing contacts in Microsoft Outlook, see support.microsoft.com and search for "Import contacts to Microsoft Outlook".

Cheers,

-FB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click "Accept as a Solution" for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.