Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Link

Contributor
seebyrdie_ok
My Device: Q10
Accepted Solution

Sync unsuccessful in BBLink from Q10 to Windows Contacts - invalid data source

I've previously synced my contacts from my Q10 to Windows Vista Contacts (I don't use Outlook), but tonight I received the error message that the sync was unsuccessful.  When I click on "Show Recent Activity," it says "Invalid data source."  When BBLink first began the attempt to sync, the yellow yield sign with the exclamation point appeared.  What does that mean?

I have the sync direction configured as 1-way sync to the computer.

BBLink shows the Q10 to be connected with the USB cable (and over WiFi).  My backup of the Q10 device was successful.

I haven't changed anything.  Do anyone have a solution?  I really need to back up my contacts.  I'm running the latest version of BBLink, but I can't find the version number anywhere in the application.  Where may I find it?

Thanks in advance for help.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
fyip
My Device: Z10

Re: Sync unsuccessful in BBLink from Q10 to Windows Contacts - invalid data source

For Link version, when open click Preferences, About.

Click Clear All in Show Recent Activity.

I have not found any info yet about the yellow sign.

Clear all your temp files on your PC and try sync again.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
seebyrdie_ok
My Device: Q10

Re: Sync unsuccessful in BBLink from Q10 to Windows Contacts - invalid data source

Your solution worked!  Thank you so very much.

My Link version is 1.2.2.13

I successfully backed up the Q10 and synced my contacts to Windows Contacts.  The yellow sign still appeared while carrying out both operations.  Maybe it's always been there.

I truly appreciate your solving my problem.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
fyip

Your very welcome, happy for you your issue is fixed. Well there is a newer version of Link, 1.2.3.23 but you do not need it now, the version you have is fine and you do not need any more problems right now, just enjoy the version you have.

As for the yellow sign I do not know either, my secret, not a secret any more, I do not use Link at all, never did, I only use Device Manager. I did however install Link so I can better help at the forum, but I do know software and that is why I help.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tech21
My Device: bold 9900

This solution set does not work.

Under preferences, there is no, "Recent Activity Flag".

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
fyip

tech21.......I never said Recent Activity was under Preferences, the User asked for the location of version and I said

"For Link version, when open click Preferences, About."

Show Recent Activity, that you did not see. is in the bottom left corner.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tech21

I found "Show Recent Activity".

Using the Clear All does remove the history.

However, Link still fails to perform.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
fyip

Well we we try to help you, please explain your issue. Some helpful info for us would be your computer OS, Anti-Virus program, 3rd party Firewall if you use one, version of Link, Registry Editor if you use one, and any other issues with your computer. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tech21

I appreciate your interest in trying to help.

However, I purchased a product (Q10) on the promise that it would synch with the Outlook 2013. 

Instead, BBLink has consistently failed.  I have spoken to my provider, searched for answer in this support community and  spent too much company time trying to find an answer.

I gave up trying to use the BBLink product.  I resolved the problem with a different solution. I  removed BBLink and will no long support or use the BBLink product.

Blackberry WAS a leader in understanding business, business needs and how to support business owners.  I understand they are no longer interested in supporting business.

BBLink is a clear message that my business needs are not important to Blackberry. 

I have heard, received and understood the message.  

I am done. 

This file is now closed.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
fyip

OK, understood, good luck !

Please use plain text.