Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Link

Contributor
mikecivic2003
My Device: Blackberry Z10 Black, Blackberry Z10 Developer
My Carrier: digi

Unable to restore data from backup and switch device from Black Z10 to LE Z10

I am having an issue, I have a LE Red Z10 which i want to restore my data from my black z10, but it keep saying " There could have been a problem with the device or connection during the restore. verify that the device is turned on and connected". have reset my LE to factory settings and try from scratch still the same, have even use two USB to perform a device switch but the same error happens. this is getting very frustrating. Anyone can provide a solution? can blackberry reply on this as i saw quite a number of people having this issue.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
Sawks
My Device: Z10 / 9900 / 9800
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Unable to restore data from backup and switch device from Black Z10 to LE Z10

Hey mikecivic2003.

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

We have noticed similar failure messages when restoring backup files to BlackBerry 10 Smartphone using BlackBerry Link.

Can you please confirm the version of device Software of the black BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone you are restoring to, as this was resolved in 10.0.10.X software in some cases where 3rd party applications had incorrect directory permissions when restored to a BlackBerry Smartphone. As a possible workaround, remove all 3rd party applications on the source (red) BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone, perform a backup and attempt to restore to the destination (black) BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone. 

Hope this helps restore your data properly to your new BlackBerry.

Cheers.

-Sawks

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter !@BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)

Please use plain text.
zishankhan
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Etisalat

Re: Unable to restore data from backup

Hello,

I gave my Z10 device to the service center because of certain problems before handing over i ensured to take the back up.

Now I am trying to restore my device using same back up through Blackberry Link but as soon as the process starts i am getting message "Restore was cancelled. The operation was cancelled and some items were not restored".

Please note the OS on my device is 10.2.1.2141 and the blackberry link version is 1.2.3.23

Kindly advise how to get rid of this problem.

Cheers

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Ajmaq
My Device: Q 10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Unable to restore data from backup

Same here... Trying to restore password keeper data and it show is not connected.

Please use plain text.