Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Link

New Contributor
resistme
My Device: Z10

Update Blackberry Desktop Software for BB10 - Need Outlook links!

Oh My God!

Why on earth have Blackberry not updated Blackberrry Desktop Software to work with Blackberry 10, so that you can sync Outlook to Blackberry??? Have they just gone mad or want to go extinct by alienating all their loyal business following?

I have had Blackberry phones for over 8 years, as they were the best business phone for syncing my contacts,calander, notes and tasks in Outlook to my phone. We don't have an Exchange server, so rely on the Desktop Sync. 

Earlier this month, my work just upgraded our hands to the 4G EE network and was give an New WP8 handset (as Blackberry wasn't available at the time), but  I hated because I couldn't sync with outout, so we complained and returned the phone, waiting the the release of BB10 and it excellent Desktop Software. Now all the have is Blackberry Link, and no support for Outlook. WTF!!!!!!!!!!!

I really think I ought to have picked an iPhone 5 instead now.

I am so annoyed.

RIP BlackBerry.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
snorms
My Device: Torch

Re: Update Blackberry Desktop Software for BB10 - Need Outlook links!

I'm having a similar concern.  However, my organizer of choice is Agent Office.  Blackberry Desktop Software allowed for an easy one step sync to Contacts and Calendar.  The new Blackberry Link appears not to.  I have not yet purchased the Z10 and likely will not unless you can show me an easy path to sync my data base.  Please take notice and respond. 

Please use plain text.
G2M
Contributor
G2M
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900

Local Sync between Outlook (Calendar, Contacts, etc) and my  device is a must. This was the sole reason I have stuck with Blackberry for the past 8 or so years. If not rectified by US launch I will be forced to switch to a different phone, what's the point of this new OS if I'm forced to upload to cloud and give up personal information security. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
snorms
My Device: Torch

This is my position exactly.  Why would you not include the ability for users to sync contact information between Computer and device.  While your focus has been on the bells and whistles you are about to alienate a huge segment of your loyal customer base.  Please correct this oversite before we "jump ship".

Please use plain text.