Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Link

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: *

Updated Link to 1.2.2.13 and Sync is no longer available. It's greyed out

First version of Link was working fine but after the software updated itself I cannot click on either of the buttons on the Sync Calendar and Contacts page. They're both greyed out.

Windows 8.1, Outlook 2013

Forums Advisor III
My Device: BB

Re: Updated Link to 1.2.2.13 and Sync is no longer available. It's greyed out

I am not using Windows 8.1 but I am using Windows and there is a repair feature for Link.

Go to Control Panel, Programs and Features, click Link then choose Repair,  Repair should be on top, or you can right click Link and choose Repair.

If you still have the same issue then uninstall Link and download and install it from the below.

https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/Downloads/contactFormPreload.do?code=A8BAA56554F96369AB93E4F3BB06...

New Contributor

Thanks. It was newly installed, then un installed and re-installed twice.

But I tried the repair and found myself at a file browse window where the installer app was looking for a temp path which was probably deleted after the last clean install, and it wouldn't recognise the original EXE file as it wanted an MSI file.

I have since this install noticed that Console window keeps popping up for a split second every 30 seconds (or it could be 60)

so now I've removed Link, which to date been a pain in the rear.

Can you plese provide a link to historical versions of Link? I think the first version was trouble free for me.

Forums Advisor III

The repair feature was looking for the Link Installer which you must have deleted.

You should always keep any Installers downloaded for this reason, at least untill a new verson becomes available.

There are no historical versions available, this is also another reason to keep Installers.

You may have success with the latest version this way:

When all versions of Link are uninstalled use Windows Search to find and delete all   "blackberry"    files found.

You do not have to delete Backup files, Videos, Pictures or Music, usually found in Documents.

Once all files are deleted download and install Link again.

New Contributor

I do keep all installers, so that wasn't the cause.

Also tried second suggestion and deleted all things blackberry. Still exactly the same problem.

After re-install (which is the same thing that happens after all re-installs), the Link software loads. It identifies my device. I tell it not to switch to device but just to start using it. Everything else seems to work perfectly. It imports pictures automatically, checks with the net for updates and even says "Sync Complete" in lower left corner.

Everything else in the software is working, "Sync Contacts and Calendar Appointments" is still greyed out.

Forums Advisor III

Did you keep the Installer of the version that was working well ? Did you try that one ?

Something on your computer is causing the issue, maybe you should do a System Restore back to when it was working well.

Check here to see if your Anti Virus is compatible with your system:   http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/compatibility/CompatCenter/Home

New Contributor

The only version that worked is the one that Blackberry automatically downloaded when I first plugged my phone in almost a year ago. So that would have gone to a temp folder, because BB's first use auto-pop-up screen downloaded it and not me.

A month ago BB Link said "Update Me"...so I did. So I did, but manually so I could keep the installer. Since then it's all gone to hell in a handbag.

I don't want to do a system restore because this is my work machine and I am too involved in too many things right now to risk a restore and have anything go wrong with other software I use.

I have followed all your suggestions. Even uninstalled my AV, cleaned out all BB stuff, rebooted, re-installed. Followed advice from elsewhere on the net.

Nothing has worked. Those 2 buttons are still greyed out.

Realisitcally, I don't have the time to spend days trying to get BB's software to work. If they don't get it working, then I will have to switch to a new phone, after about 5 years of loyalty. Pity. It just goes to prove the BB nay-sayers right.

Forums Advisor III

Very sorry it did not work out for you, you certainlly tried your best, I have not seen much info on greyed out buttons in Link but if I come accross some which you could use I will post back again.

Many people are having problems with Link but Millions are not, your issue could be caused by Link it is touchy software, if the configuration of a computer is just not right or there is a hidden issue Link will not function properly.

Good luck !