Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Link

Contributor
andalex
My Device: Blackberry Z10

Re: Using Link to import Calendar & Contacts to Z10

To be fair, I noticed, that if you add a lot of calendar items together, it takes time until they appear in the BlackBerry Z10 native calendar. It happened to me too, that I did not some of the new appointments, added them again and a little later I found double entries in the calendar.

I am not happy about it, but I think, it is a fixable problem. I tremendously miss the daily complete sync with outlook, which gave me the convenience of planning on the PC and the security of my data.

I think, BlackBerry is aware and is working on it. The truth is that I love the Z10 more with every day.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Krofire
My Device: Z10

Hope you are right! I will keep trying. It looks like a bug of some kind. It loads the first Appointment it sees and gives up. I am wondering if it is clashing with the Facebook app or whether there is something on Outlook that means I have added the Appointments using an account that the Z10 doesn't like. Strugggling to see any set-up that could influence this.

I would be really grateful if anyone has any clue to please pass me some advice.

I so loved this feature on my old Curve. It just worked. Beautiful.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
AndersonA
My Device: BB Torch, BB Playbook

Please keep me in the loop when full two-way synchronization is posible from Outlook to new Z10. I am holding my upgrade to a new phone till then. Thanks for the info and updates.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
highlandit
My Device: BlackBerry Torch

Your advice is noted as is your support for a solution. However, there is more advantage in having one busy thread than several of a similar nature. By creating yet another topic, there is a risk of diluting the impact. But sadly, there is not much evidence that RIM are watching closely or are prepared to comment.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
GemW

[ Edited ]

IGNORE THE BELOW - no appointments have been lost, it just seems to take ages to sort itself out after the import....

Use this only when setting up your phone for the first time or wait until the 2way sync is finally sorted out....  it doesn't warn you that any existing appointments in your handset will be overwritten (unless of course you have manually added them to outlook before you import the calendar...).

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
Publisher

While I don't particularly want to defend BlackBerry (they're no longer 'RIM'), I would say to you to have a little more faith. I believe they are looking at the Z10's lack of functionality with Ms Outlook. From what a couple of the UK carriers tell me, BB are working round the clock to get a syncing system installed as soon as possible. They've already delivered us the one-way sync. Granted, it's not ideal - and is effectively a one-time affair (right now), but even they say on the pop-up that appears when syncing that a two-way facility will soon be with us.

Yes, they've dropped a big ball with this one... but, fair play to them, BB are trying to resolve it as soon as possible.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
dgale
My Device: Blackberry Z10 STL100-3

Hey it worked.  Life is good again.  Thanks

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Hooyah
My Device: Q10

Seems to me that BlackBerry has not figured out to whom they are trying to sell their phone.   If it is to be a tool for adults to use for communications, time management, etc. then to market something that won't do the basic things that the previous phones did should cause all of us who have been BB fans to be very concerned with where they as a company will be in another few years.   I returned my Z10 and went back to the 9900.  I will be working now to try to figure out some other solution to my need for a smart phone.  I must carry it in a belt holster due to having a pacemaker.  If it cannot synchronize with my PC data by USB, I am not interested.  Obviously I am not a child looking for a toy to play music, or look at pictures.  If I were, I would get an iPhone.  

When, or if they manage to fix this problem, I may take a look at the next version, but in my opinion the company has done themselves irreparable damage with this blunder, and should expect no slack from their customers.  We will all suffer when they have to close their doors.  Maybe they need to fire about half of the children they currently have doing their programming and management and find a few adults.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
dgale
My Device: Blackberry Z10 STL100-3

I was sent a link on how to import the contacts fro Outlook.  It did the job and it wasn't to difficult once you know how to do it.  You will need to download the Link software. The old software doesn't recognize the Z10 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Hooyah
My Device: Q10

There is a major difference between the problem of downloading your Outlook data to your phone, and synchronization of this data.  The new software does not now allow for synchronization after you download it, so you don't have much after a few months in the way of changes to your schedules and data.

Please use plain text.