Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Link

Contributor
rditz
My Device: Blackberry Z10

Re: Using Link to import Calendar & Contacts to Z10

I migrated my contacts from old BB, but now when I follow the procedure to import calendar and contcts, it fails immediately and does not transfer any information.

I am continually installing updates to the phone as they are presented to me, but no success.

does anyone have this working?

JSanders
Solutions: 5,982
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

dgale wrote:

Is this the best way to update contacts by deleting all the contacts on the phone then importing again from outlook all the same contacts?   Will this app allow me to just sync with the desktop without duplicating existing contacts in the phone? 

You can use the app above, I have not, but my 'learned" friends tell me it works for this wipe of all contacts and restore.

You can wipe the device also, as a way to remove all contacts and start over. Me, I'd try the app first.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
JSanders

apfromm wrote:

Presumably Rim/Blackberry created this forum.  Do they monitor it?

I've been on with support numerous time and all they keep offering is to reset the phone to clear the data and start over.  There is no way to delete the database!!!  Unbelieveable.

1. This is a user-to-user community support forum. We are not RIM employees, but volunteers who enjoy assisting other users. RIM personnel rarely comment on queries posted here. You would have noticed this in the message upon registration.

2. Deleting data: Scroll up and read the last few posts in this forum.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
dgale
My Device: Blackberry Z10 STL100-3

Well at least I am not the only one having the same issues.  AT&T has a 14 day return policy but they do charge a $39.00 restcking fee.  They must know blackberry users are going to hate this lack of interchangability.  Maybe the Galaxy 3 would have been easier. 

Contributor
rditz
My Device: Blackberry Z10

I have it working now (i think)...  the solution was to go back to the BB web site and download Link again (v1.0.1.15) previous version was 1.0.1.12.

installed this version and it appears to have worked..  still checking for completeness.

New Contributor
AndersonA
My Device: BB Torch, BB Playbook

I've been following these post for some time now and i'm about to give up.  I cannot agree more with the post that said in essence, BB users remain BB users because of the Outlook connectivity.  I really want to upgrade my BB Torch phone and i'm happy with the way my Playbook works with it.  I'm glad I waited to upgrade to the Z10.  Problem is what do you switch to?  Apple does not work well for buisness, i tried my daughters, Samsung Galaxy.  Same deal, and don't get me started on Windows 8!

What choice do we have?  No Cloud options please.

New Contributor
AndersonA
My Device: BB Torch, BB Playbook

I appreciate all the assistance that you and the other volunteers give.  I have often found better solutions in support forums than from support itself.  So instead of venting here, I will try to contact the company.  It may do no good at all but it will make me feel better.

Thanks. 

Contributor
adrianyallop
My Device: Bold

I also have the issue with phone wanting to constantly update - only it's updating the same the version of OS with itself all the time - best turn it off. To my knowledge there's only been the one update so far.

Am I wrong - do others get this ??

JSanders

adrianyallop wrote:

I also have the issue with phone wanting to constantly update - only it's updating the same the version of OS with itself all the time - best turn it off. To my knowledge there's only been the one update so far.

Am I wrong - do others get this ??

If you have or keep deleting any of the stock apps (twitter, facebook, or any of your mobile provider apps) you will keep getting a software update alert trying to push these updates back to you.

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
dgale
My Device: Blackberry Z10 STL100-3

heres a strange concept how about a phone # you can actually talk to BB about the Z10.  I haven't seen one.