Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Link

JSanders
Solutions: 5,952
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Using Link to import Calendar & Contacts to Z10

andrei, I would encourage you to call Orange, and ask them to escalate this issue to BlackBerry techincal support. They will do that if you ask or demand it. Don't take no for an answer. BlackBerry Tech support can help you find the specific record causing the error.

Meanwhile, this might help you:  BlackBerry Link displays the error: Sync was unsuccessful error – “CPreferencesManager:Configuratio...

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
andrei27
My Device: Z10

Thx for the suggestion. Deactivated firewall and virus protection and still no luck, same error message appears.

I am not very confident that Orange will escaladate this issue to BB Technical Support. I already tried talking to Orange and they recomended a fresh install of BB Link... tried and didn't work.

But this forum is full o topics that should indicate BB that there is a serious issue with Link. Are they reading it ? Are they going to solve it ? They don't give a **bleep** about it, so it seems.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
Publisher

I don't think BB does actively monitor these forums - they'd simply have a never-ending programme of corrective measures to take! - and, additionally, I suspect you are right about Orange's ability/willingness to try and sort it at a higher level.

However, what I am finding is that BB does appear to be working hard at improving their overall effectiveness. As I alluded to in my previous post, disabling of the FW allowed me to sync. I did notice, however, that if I simply disabled the FW after BBLink had been initiated (and had then failed due to the FW blocking connection attempts), I could still not get a connection. Specifically, there was an order I needed to do (perhaps my AV s/w is just too clever?!), viz:

Disable FW. Initiate connection by opening Link (either automatically from connecting phone via USB or manually). Then attempt sync...

HTH

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
andrei27

Finally got a way around my issue from a Orange sales rep :smileyhappy:

Follow the link in the error message and delete the .adt files (I personally found 2 files). Be carefull, in the same folder there are .adi files also, dont't touch them.

It seems to work, but it messed up my contacts lists (double and triple entries).

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Chi-TownDeadhead

Hello all,

I am finally at my wits end. I have had the Z10 since the day it was released and I still have not been able to sync my contacts after the first time it read my contacts. At least I have my contacts on the phone, however I cannot update any new information I have put into outlook or on the phone.

My calendar syncs fine along with all of my media, docs and the rest. It is only my contacts.  I updated to BB Link 1.2.2.13 today and I am now receiving a new message : An error has occurred during an attempt to read a device database field. My Z10 OS is 10.1.0.2151. This is the latest version from Verizon. I cannot find a log file if one was created for this error. I am working on Windows 7 Professional 64 bit and using Outlook 365.

I have spent countless hours trying to read about this issue over the last several months but none of them seem to be exactly the same as mine. In addition, the search feature here is not the best and I have tried every other resource on the web but to no avail. I should not have to try to set up new accounts on web sites or other work arounds I have found to try and solve BB's issue.

I have finally reached the point that my business is getting too busy for me to have to keep double entering contacts on both my laptop and phone and with T-mobile's recent ad for payment of ETF's and money for your phone, I am seriously looking at getting rid of all of our BB's.

I truly hope someone can help me and thank you for taking the time to try to help.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
dgale
My Device: Blackberry Z10 STL100-3

Here is how I do it.  First I delete all the contacts from my phone.  Then I sync with my outlook.  This ususally eliminates duplicating the contacts on your phone however nnot always.  Sometimes contacts are combined which is a real pain.  Dont just try and resync or else you will have duplicates on every contact.  Hope this helps.  Either way it does suck.

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,952
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Chi-TownDeadhead wrote:

I truly hope someone can help me and thank you for taking the time to try to help.

So, you do use a wired sync of your contacts and calendar?

I'd heartily encourage you to move to a wireless sync. I was where you are now, last January. Always syncing with the cable. It was hard to move away from that, but since I have it's been so very easy and seamless and it just works so much better.

My life, and my business appreciate it.  If you need help or advice, please ask.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
dgale
My Device: Blackberry Z10 STL100-3

I use the contacts on my desktop as my master for all my devises.  Not sure how to sync wirelessly.  I use the cable but am willing to try anything that makes it easier.  How do I sync wirelessly and not duplicate my contacts everytime I sync.  

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Chi-TownDeadhead

dgale,

Thanks for the information but how do you delete all the contacts? I have over 1500 contacts so I can't do them individually.

Thanks
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Chi-TownDeadhead

J,

I would love to sync wirelessly but I do not know how to. Please enlighten me because I haven't been able to do anything wirelessly .

Thanks
Please use plain text.