Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Link

Contributor
JLFitzpatrick
My Device: Blackberry 8830
My Carrier: Sprint

Will BB10 + BB Link natively sync to Outlook?

I've been searching for this answer since last year and most comments seem to indicate this function will no longer be supported (!?!). I hope these comments are inaccurate but there is nowhere on the BB10 Website where it indicates this one HUGE advantage BB has long had over other Smart-"Toys" will continue with these new devices. MY BUSINESS MUST HAVE the ability to sync with Outlook via USB (particularly Outlook CATEGORIES) or the device is useless to me. I have held onto my aging BB which - (depending on which version of BDM I've used - 2 versions ago it would not sync the Calendar, 1 version prior deleted Calendar appointments older than 30 days even though the Device was selected to keep "Forever", newest version seems to have corrected these defects) - syncs with Outlook on my PC and keeps everything organized THE WAY I NEED IT TO BE. BUT if BB10 no longer includes this function natively then there is no longer any advantage to staying with BB. I don't care about "Hub" and "Flow", all I care about is that when I leave my office, all the work I've done in Outlook to GET THINGS DONE for my business are ON MY DEVICE. Apparently I will be able to install Deja Office / Companion Link on any device including BB10 according to their website so it seems I now have many more options which helps with my decision, although I prefer the way BB uses its native App for Contacts, Calendars, Memos and Tasks. So if I'm going to have to pay now for that function anyway, why stay with a BB anymore? That will be the question all of us BB faithful will be asking ourselves in the next few months. Think about it guys, you had one HUGE advantage over the other guys and you dropped it. Really? After all these years of updates and months of hype, this is what you've given us? Hub and Flow?

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: Will BB10 + BB Link natively sync to Outlook?

At this time Desktop wired sync to Outlook is not supported. There are many, including me, calling for it to be added. I don't have an answer beyond that.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
JLFitzpatrick

Thank you for the confirmation Mr. Clark, I had thought that was the case from what I'd read so far. Can't begin to say how disappointing that is but my Post already has. Since my current plan qualifies for a new device in February it looks like there is no longer any reason to wait until March for a BB10 unless they correct this situation and provide the functionality I've come to depend on in a Blackberry device. Funny, they changed the company name from RIM to Blackberry then downgraded the functionality from Blackberry to nearly every other device on the market.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dvwakeman
My Device: Blackberry Storm 9500
My Carrier: Vodafone

Sorry to add to the dismal knews, but having worked on this BB10 and the particularly awful BB Link all weekend after getting it on Friday,  I can confirm that it certainly does not syc with Outlook. In fact it will not syc with anything on a PC except files (docs, pictures and music).  I also experienced the same problem as another contributor who could not get Link to transfer contacts because they were "connected" to an email account.  Why on earth create this restriction??  In the end I exported my conacts and diaries to Gmail and then linked the BB10 to my Gmail Account.  But beware, GMAIL CALENDARS ARE NOT COMPATIBLE so they will not link.  

Back to square one:  I registered at Outlook.com with a Live account - went throught the whole procedure again by exporting contacts and diaries from the PC to the Live account.  Finally I got the BB10 to link with contacts, emails and diaries on the Live account.  But I don't want to manage my business from Outlook.com. I want to do it from MS Outlook on my PC where I can keep all the files safe and backed up. 

Whoever put together the BB10 and BB Link package wants sacking.  My BB10 is going back tomorrow and I will get a Samsung.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
JLFitzpatrick

Thanks for the confirmation dvwakeman. I'm seeing a few subject posts on this site regarding this issue: (Microsoft Outlook sync? by wilden 160; Outlook Sync by ilovecaffeine), and there may be others. Perhaps the best thing to be done at this point is continue to post on these subjects to keep them at the top of the list. Maybe then BB will recognize their monumental blunder and correct this issue before they lose any more customers such as yourself. Good luck in your endeavors to find the functionality you've come to depend on, I know I'm dumbfounded by this myself.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

RIM monitors what the carriers tell them. So if you want to do something, it is tell your carriers that you want Outlook-to-BlackBerry sync.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
zeyadq8
My Device: BB10 With sadness
My Carrier: wataniya

Guess not, I tried also  downloading Companion Link , to sync with outlook, after download on my PC , it said I must download on my bb10  from BBworld , Guess what  its not their., Another Disappointment , Call Line identification doesn't work, No skype or Whatsapp.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex

zeyadq8 wrote:

Another Disappointment , Call Line identification doesn't work, No skype or Whatsapp.

hello zeyadq8,

do not understand your sentence. Can you please rephrase?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
JLFitzpatrick

Deja Office is not yet approved for BB App World according to their Website; http://www.companionlink.com/products/bb10-outlook.html.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex

your link does not work, JLFitzpatrick. The working link is this one:
http://www.companionlink.com/products/bb10-outlook.html

Please use plain text.