Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Link

Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

Re: Will BB10 + BB Link natively sync to Outlook?

and I see that the upcoming "Direct companionLink Sync" requires a GMail account for Outlook Contacts and Outlook Calendar, so in the end it is a synchronization tool between the Outlook client and Google Contacts & Google Calendar.

I have not understood the pricing, but it seems like it replaces the previous Google Sync tool.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Regular Contributor
zeyadq8
My Device: BB10 With sadness

Thanks. Point is that blackberry should not have launched bb10.it is clear that desktop software is not ready in addition to other very important software that from my point of view will determine BlackBerry future 

Contributor
JLFitzpatrick
My Device: Blackberry 8830

Thanks for correcting Xandrex, looks like when I copied the URL it kept the beginning Hypertext Transfer Protocol acronym and added it to the end of the address.

Contributor
JLFitzpatrick
My Device: Blackberry 8830

They currently offer a wired connection they call DejaConnect for other platforms to sync locally as we do now with our legacy devices. Hopefully that would also be available for the BB10 in the future.

Someone on the Sprint forum suggested Office 365 as a paid OTA solution which looks promising except for the cost but it does seem to support Categories which I've come to depend on. But in researching this I see they're currently having issues with Calendar entries; http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Device-Synchronization/Calendar-sync-over-Office-365-Cloud-ad...

Nothing is easy these days.

New Contributor
hagissss
My Device: 9800

:smileysad:Count me as another person exited to purchase a BB10,but will not after finding out I can't sync with outlook..Disappointed as I use my phone more for business than pleasure

Contributor
scottpm
My Device: zed10

Can't believe it....

Two years ago I abadoned Windows after they did the same thing.... started a "petition" with hopes that they would see the folly of their decision, with no luck ....

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/winphone/forum/wp7-sync/petition-microsoft-to-reinstate-usb-sync-...

... I don't believe any complaints or rants or petitions will change any one's mind.  There is an industry wide move to get everyone's info onto servers. the industry (the hardware makers, software developers and the tele co's) have decided that you and i are going to pay for the joy of using a "smart phone".... you need to pay them to move things on and off your phone.... does them no good if you can bypass their serviers and tranmission lines by syncng directly with your PC

Oh, well.  BB was worth a shot... I guess Android will be my next move.

New Contributor
REGS
My Device: Z10

Now I am really dissapointed in RIM. I got a new Z10 today because I was loaned a BOLD which synced with my Outlook with no hassles. I assumed that a Blackberry Z10 would also sync. Now I find out that RIM has deleted this function. It is clear that RIM does not want me for a customer. This phone is going back to Rogers.

I refuse to change my email address to a server based one just to please RIM and the other smartphone suppliers. RIM - you are supposed to be more business oriented but this move of deleting important functionality has just lost you a customer.

Contributor
mweissx
My Device: Not Specified

OUTLANDISH

Regular Contributor
zeyadq8
My Device: BB10 With sadness

I also forgot to mention that no push email for your company email, although they have it for hotmail (someone in Rim is thinking the wrong way)

New Contributor
Fleury75
My Device: Not Specified

ABYSMAL NEWS