Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Link

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Will BB10 + BB Link natively sync to Outlook?

I've posted on this on other threads but want to reiterate that I completely agree that BlackBerry has chosen to ignore their core market and distinct advantages to join the chase to develop the best gadget. I need business functionality, not a toy. Disappointing and very stupid. I too am a long time devotee and want to support them as a strong Canadian compay but they will lose me if this does not get fixed quickly. If they don't care about my needs I see no reason to care about their products.

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 8830
My Carrier: Sprint

When this was first posted I had assumed someone from BB would reply within a few days and update us on their plans to include this function in some future release, so while my sarcasm was intended it was also partially meant as a joke. I did see where someone replied there may have been some official reply to be found if you search for it, but I haven't seen it.

This post has been viewed 1,262 times with 30 replies. The "Microsoft outlook sync" post has been viewed 871 times with 29 replies. None of the replies have been very positive and most have stated they will not stay with BB without this function and yet BB has yet to address this issue. While this isn't going to bring the company to its knees, it can't be good. 

Well the technology may be changing but one basic business principle will always remain, "The Customer is Always Right". After nearly 10 years with a BB, and defending them in the past few years due to their Outlook Sync capabilities, I'm now exploring all options and currently looking for the best sync solution on an Android device. Partially because I became eligible for an upgrade on February 1st and a BB10 is not available here until March or April. But mostly due to the frustration of not knowing if BB plans to correct this or how it will sync and preserve the ability to filter Contacts by Categories along with the absence of any definitive BB reply on the matter. They can ignore us if they like, we have the choice to ignore them as well.

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I could not agree more with you buddy!

Same interpretation and view as you.

Basically BB/RIM said if you can't defeat them [they missed it] (Apple/Google) / join them (with cloud computing)

Regular Contributor
My Device: BB10 With sadness
My Carrier: wataniya

Re: BB10 NOT SYNC WITH OUTLOOK = BYE BYE BLACKBERRY HELLO IPHONE OR GALAXY

I am throwing in the towel , thats it Bye Blackberry going to other phone dont need this agrivation

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Man this issue is popping everywhere on the internet. Really frustrating many of us loyal BB users. I don’t understand why there is no comment from BB on this? They will eventually have to deal with it as thousands of us return the Z10 to our carriers because of this:No:

Visitor
My Device: 9800 Torch
My Carrier: Rogers

Is RIM aware of how many "non-exchange" / "non-cloud" based but just standard hosted-mail users are out there? They are totally dependant on the traditional DTM / MS Outlook sync for the 4 most important items on the device - Contacts, Calendar, Notes and Tasks. I need this fixed ASAP and have advised all my hosted-mail customers to hold off on the BB10 upgrade. It's just too much of a rude shock!!! And an ashamed Canadian...
Regular Contributor

TO BLACKBERRY WE USE OUTLOOK FOR A REASON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MANY HAVE THEIR OWN WEBHOSTING

MANY DO NOT HAVE SERVERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PAY ATTENTION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MANY ARE RETURNING THEIR BB10

WAKE UP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I think the only real option that will emulate what standalone users had before if office 365 or outlook.com. It *appears* functionality will be close to what it was before, but of course your data is then hosted iwth Microsoft. I'll be switching my business over to 365 soon so if it works well Ill try and post back. Still, very dissapointing.

Regular Contributor

Fleury75 wrote:

I think the only real option that will emulate what standalone users had before if office 365 or outlook.com. It *appears* functionality will be close to what it was before, but of course your data is then hosted iwth Microsoft. I'll be switching my business over to 365 soon so if it works well Ill try and post back. Still, very dissapointing.

Why Pay more for a service other mobile manufacturers are providing for free ?

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Guelph_Guy wrote:

I don’t understand why there is no comment from BB on this? They will eventually have to deal with it as thousands of us return the Z10 to our carriers because of this:No:

the Community Manager has made an announcement two days ago.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Announcements/Learn-how-to-sync-your-contacts-calendar-multim...

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: