Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Link

Super Contributor
towngirl_04
My Device: Playbook; z10 & Love it!
My Carrier: Bell

Win 8 users having problems?

[ Edited ]

Prior to getting Win8 I was having difficulty getting Link to back up my phone.  Now that I have Win8, LINK is even worse. It crashed the PC & brings up a BSOD with a message about some watch dog violoation thing......... I should add, it does this only when I plug in my phone.  Otherwise, I can open Link & it's OK.  But if I can't plug in my phone to back up, then what good is LINK?  That's right! NO GOOD.

Is there ANYONE who has Link working on WIN8? 

Any suggestions on how I get this to work?

(by the way: Win8 is pretty horrid if anyone is considering getting it... Don't say you haven't been warned) :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
towngirl_04
My Device: Playbook; z10 & Love it!
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Win 8 users having problems?

Well, here's one thing I found (not sure why I hadn't found it previously)

In Settings there is a BlackBerry Link which seems to be ON.  When I turned it OFF, I was at least able to FINALLY connect to my BB as though it were a usb.  Finally figured that out! 

I have yet to see if it affects using LINK because I don't want to open Link back up & crash my PC AGAIN.....but..... I WILL test it... eventually.  Just have other things to do ATM than waste more HRS on this stupid cell phone

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
Fr3lncr
My Device: Z30
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Yes, have been having the DPC-Watchdog-Violation blue screen pretty much every time I leave my Z10 plugged into my computer.

Just recently read a post on CrackBerry I think where they thought it could be a conflict with a bad SD card in the Z10. My SanDisk 64GB SD card is always in my Z so that 'could' be it. Was going to try another SD card to see if that is it.

Though I never had the problem when I was on Win 7 though so no guarantee.

Not sure if BB Link v1.2 provided new drivers for BB 10 phones but if it did, maybe it will reduce the BSOD. Also, it seems that it doesn't happen on WiFi so if you can sync that way, that may be the way to go about it.

And, yes, not too impressed with Win 8. Still using it but hope for better things with 8.1.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
BB-past: 9000>9700>9800>9780>9810>9900>Z10>Q5
Please use plain text.
Contributor
saxacat
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: O2

Using Win 8 Pro with Media Centre; Z10 running 10.1.0.4200 and Link version 1.2.0.28.

I've just done my first backup after upgrading the Link software and everything went fine. I have had the odd occurence of Backups failing in the past, (which I suspect was caused by device password issues), but this one went without a hitch.

My previous big gripe with Link was over it not seeing my music in WMP; however, after having to do a clean install of Win 8 on my PC (not BB related), Link has worked perfectly and the new version also seems to be working without any issues.

Z10
Please use plain text.