Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Link

Contributor
Bpete
My Device: Z10

Wireless Connection to PC

Can someone document or point to documentation on exactly how to connect the Z10 to a PC without the USB cable.

I have the phone connected to a power source and the PC and Phone are on the same router but they never connect. I have to use the USB cable and I always have to turn off WiFi first or that won't connect. Then quite often I forget to turn WiFi back on so I would prefer the wireless connection but I can not get that to work at all.

Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Re: Wireless Connection to PC

If I'm not mistaken, a wireless connection between your Z10 and your PC must be via Bluetooth; running it thru Wi-Fi is not possible.

Anybody, please correct me if you know differently.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Contributor
Robzworld
My Device: BBZ10

I have my Z10 connected to my laptop and pc through my WiFi router and works very well including the ability to move a file on or off my phone. requirements:: Link Installed , wireless router that your phone and your computer with link are connected to. The Z10 will conect to the pc without usb no problem as i have it set up that way. Go to settings on the Z10 then Blackberry link and enable the slider by moving it to the right . no need to check the cellular network box. You may see paired computers at the bottom when the slider is moved to the right ( wait a little to see ) if you do hold down on the computer name a few seconds untill the right slider appears and then click view files , if that works you can sync from Link wirelessly. With Blackberry Link open on your desk top click on your phone name on the lower bar the second box to the rightit should be and enable wireless sync. Nothing in your router needs changed as long as both phone and computer are on the same one. You must see paired computer name to know it is synced. Post again if any problems with it.

Hope it helps ::Robz
Contributor
Bpete
My Device: Z10

That almost works except it keeps saying "disconnected from my PC. Make sure PC is on and connected to the internet" Which it always is ?