Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Link

New Contributor
RLT1961
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Verizon

Z 10 Sync to Outlook

I have been a Blackberry user for about 10 years now, just upgraded  to a new Z10 about four weeks ago .  I installed the Blackberry Link on a Windows XP PC, and have Version 1.1.1.41.  I have version 10.1.0.2039 on the smart phone.  When I first linked the phone to my PC, my contacts and calendar migrated just fine.  For the past three weeks, when I adjust my calendar info in Outlook, and link the phone to a PC, it all appears to sync on the PC running Windows XP.  I have since downloaded the Blackberry Link to a Windows 8 PC, this also synced just fine.  Now today, when I attach the phone to either of the PC's and attempt to sync, the unit appears to begin the sync process, but after approximately 1 minute I receive a status message at the bottom of the screen showing 'Getting Status Information' , the status bar turns completely blue, and then locks up.  I have rebooted, with no change.  I tried to sync on a Windows XP unit, a Windows 7 unit, and a Windows 8 unit.  In additon, whichever PC I attach the phone to, I immediately recieve a message to upgrade the software on the phone, even though the software is version 10.1.0.2039, the version curently on the phone.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
Goose947
My Device: Q10/9900/9790
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Z 10 Sync to Outlook

Hello RLT1961

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

It appears your issue could be related to the deletion of the Verizon applications. Please follow the below steps in order to help confirm the issue you are having.

1. Check for updates (Settings > Software Updates > Check for Updates) or open the Software Update notification in the BlackBerry Hub, and note the version number.
2. Minimize the update window by swiping up from the bottom bezel.
3. On the home screen, swipe down from the top bezel.
4. Select Settings > About.
5. Choose OS from the Category drop-down.
6. Note the Software Release number.
7. If the version numbers from Step 1 and Step 6 match, the update may only be intended to install deleted applications and can be ignored. If the numbers differ, please proceed with the update.

Can you please confirm all 3 Windows systems are experiencing the same issue when attempting to sync with BlackBerry LInk? Can you please confirm all 3 Windows systems are running BlackBerry Link 1.2.0.28? Please update BlackBerry Link from 1.1.1.41 to 1.2.0.28.

You can find the updated version of BlackBerry Link at www.blackberry.com/blackberrylink

Goose947

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
RLT1961
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Verizon

[ Edited ]

I have updated the Blackberry Link to version 1.2.0.28 on a PC running Windows 7.  Also, confirmed that the Z10 has the software release version 10.1.0.2039, and the Blackberry Link shows the Z10 with this same OS.  I connected the phone to the PC running the 1.2.0.28, and configured the Link to perform a 1-way sync of my Outlook Contacts and Calendar to the Z10.  On the Blackberry Link screen, it displayed Syncing your Organizer. Do not disconnect your device.  The sync ran thru a series of screens, and came to the display, Preparing sync preview.  The status bar turns completely BLUE, and then LOCKED UP. I allowed the system to sit for 15 minutes with no change in the status.  I am reluctant to try this on my Windows XP machine or on my Windows 8 machine.  There is no difference in the new Link software then from the previous version.  

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
Goose947
My Device: Q10/9900/9790
My Carrier: Rogers

When syncing the items have you attempted to just sync the Contacts alone? This can also be attempted with the Calendar as well. It will help determine if the sync is stopping when trying to sync Contact data vs Calendar data.

Goose947

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.