If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Link

New Contributor
ianhenderson67
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: 442891474080

Re: Z10 Outlook sync [lack thereof]

Really disappointed to find that Outlook does not sync. The whole Link set up is a mess too. Struggled to get it working and then found that music and video and pix were the priority and no calendar link.

Hard to find words to express diappointment on this scale after 10 years with RIM. Why did I bother 

Please use plain text.
Visitor
Mike-mpt
My Device: z10
My Carrier: bell

SUCCESS!!! Have outlook synced with our exchange server!
settings
add account
advanced (at bottom of screen)
enter enter you ms exchange account info. VOILA!! =)
Please use plain text.
Contributor
ssbtech
My Carrier: Bell Canada

Mike-mpt, the issue here is not syncing with workplace Exchange Servers.  The issue here is the inability to sync it with Office Outlook on the desktop where Outlook is being used as a standalone email client and calendar/contact manager. 

A good portion of users have Outlook running on their home computer without Exchange. 

Please use plain text.
normanhua
My Device: 9800 torch

You can sync your Outlook contacts, email and calendar by using the Microsoft outlook connector.  See this article on how to do it.

http://www.geeksquad.co.uk/articles/sync-outlook-with-blackberry-z10

Please use plain text.
G2M
Contributor
G2M
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: ATT

Norman, you are correct. The issue we are having though is many, myself included, do not feel comfortable with personal information on cloud servers (outlook.com, etc) and therefore feel it would be nice if BB would bring back local sync utilities like they had in previous versions. I'm glad that this workaround works for you. It would just be nice if BB realizes that local sync is also important to a large user base, and rectifies this before the US launch!

Best
Please use plain text.
Contributor
NeilJThomson
My Carrier: Rogers

What Rim/BB didn't bother to do, is to poll existing users as to critical features. Which is one of my key beefs w Rim/BB - there is no direct connection between users and the company. They fob off all feature/feedback/issues to their telco's who could care less. Which includes this forum - there  is no indication that Rim/BB actually monitors any of these postings.

As a result, they have completely missed features critical to a significant segment - professionals who may have an Enterprise Exchange link, but also have home sync needs for outlook from their home or work laptop and those professionals who don't have Exchange (e.g. small business). Clearly this is not a small group!

Given that their market loss for new users in recent years and their dependence on convincing existing BB users to move to BB10, not paying attention to these types of details is evidence of stupidity of mamoth proportions in the Product Management ranks @ Rim/BB

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mcallisterw
My Device: 8900
My Carrier: O2

[ Edited ]

I agree, when I went to upgrade my mobile contract and was interested in the Z10, I asked the man in the shop 'does it still sync with Outlook, because this is important to me' and was told 'yes absolutely'.

Only after struggling to find the 'sync with outlook' setting, I looked online to find that no, it isn't a feature at all.

So I'm left with a very expensive phone which is of less use to me than my old Curve, until some clever app-writer comes up with a workaround. Basically all my contacts as well as my calendar and tasks are on Outlook (at least Microsoft still got my back).

It seems Blackberry, Apple, Google et al. want to force you down the route of doing everything online, using things like Google Calendar; but I don't want to do this because I like being self dependent and don't want to get myself into a situation where, if there was an interruption in my internet access my whole life would grind to a halt.

Bit of an own goal by Blackberry really, they are trying to recapture their market share with the Z10, but the whole reason you by a Blackberry is because it is functional, if all you want is a toy and you care if it is functional then you may as well get an iphone.

Please use plain text.
G2M
Contributor
G2M
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: ATT

Agreed. If I wanted a toy, there are far better toys out there. If blackberry can't local sync to outlook by the US launch, hello galaxy S IV.
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
TheSand
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: AT&T

Well you aren't alone - here is the beat down from Windows Phone users...

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/winphone/forum/wp7-sync/will-wp7-sync-with-outlook/61013923-59ab-...

There is more on that forum about that problem... and that is MICROSOFT not giving MICROSOFT the capability.  Stunning.  I got around this problem, but I see more and more the powers that be forcing users/consumers into the cloud.

This release of Blackberry Link may not have all the capability it will have - that is the norm for Blackberry (although they usually show up with Outlook sync albeit late with Outlook 64 bit capability and SMIME capability.)  I hope they address this and do deliver the full function of the older Desktop Manager with future updates to Blackberry Link. 

Hopefully somebody from Blackberry will confirm what their plans are for Blackberry Link - if it is indeed to be the replacement for the Desktop Manager of just some music/picture/video sync tool for consumers.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
pistolpete-uk
My Device: 9900 + z10
My Carrier: voda

Hey Blackberry,

Are you reading all this? There's a lot of your core market out here that are really pissed off with lack of business functionality in your new phone. I've been using it for just over 1 week, it's a great piece of kit, the hub is fantastic, the interaction with the unit is simple and intuitive - but I'm absolutely dumbfounded that you have ignored outlook sync, both wirelessly and even usb!! Your phone is not an iphone competitor, it is distinctly for business, not play. Oh, for heavens sake...!!!

Please give us a forum response, some glimmer of hope that you listen to your customers, otherwise...

Please use plain text.