Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Link

Contributor
hyscore
My Device: Z10 and PlayBook

Re: Z10 Outlook sync [lack thereof]

One day I am going to view an update on this forum and it will actually be someone from BlackBerry saying when they intend to deliver this basic functionality.  In the meantime perhaps we could try to have some fun and run a sweepstake on the delivery date?  At the moment, given the total silence from the fine people who decided to launch the phone without this important business capability, I think I would have to go with TheSands' realistic/pessimistic forecast so I am guessing I am going to be dual-maintaining contacts and calendar and notes for another couple of months... say until 10th June (2013).  Any advance on this?  (No prize for the winner other than the kudos of guessing right.)

Contributor
adrianyallop
My Device: Bold

Dear Hyscore

Would it be easier to quess whether BB respond to this unannounced loss of functionality and give us something like Desktop back (I mean how hard can that be after-all) before or after they disappear from sight.

While we're at it can we ask when UMA functions will be returned too like earlier BB.

I dont know how to get through to BB about these issues, does anyone here know or better still want to serve as a petition founder. 

Regular Contributor
TheSand
My Device: Z30 BES 10

Well you figure they have already had 2 months….if they can get it done in 3 that is beyond fast.  When a new version of Outlook is available I have seen Blackberry come to the table in about 3 months with the update for the Desktop Software.  If the version of Outlook you upgraded to isn’t a “priority” or the norm, i.e., you are running Outlook 64 bit not 32 bit, I have seen it take 6 months.  If they deliver in 3 months we are looking about the end of this month.  Of course this is just speculating based on what they have done and how fast in the past.  

In any event, I think it would be nice to have formal word on what “exactly” is coming.  What version of Outlook (2010, 2013 32/64 bit,) is Mac available, is the SMIME cert sync coming?  If a no to any of what I have mentioned will future updates provide broader capabilities. We as users need to know so we can make the best decision possible. I realize timing can be hard, but at least tell us what we are going to get when you do show. 

Contributor
branchgoodson
My Device: 9930

Here's a dated solution http://www.companionlink.com/products/bb10-outlook.html. And it's an immediate solution for those folks having problems syncing BB Desktop to Outlook 2010 and 2013.

Contributor
hyscore
My Device: Z10 and PlayBook

Hi Branchgoodson, and thanks for the information.  CompanionLink takes me back to my Palm Pilot days.  :-)

I have taken a look at their site and I am confused.  Are you actually using the product, and if so can you clear up some confusion for me?

1) On the product description page they claim to have sync via google available now, but are targeting usb sync sometime in May.  And yet on their news page it kind of implies that usb sync is available now.  Are you in a position to confirm one way or the other?

2) The other slight worry is that the 'sync' does not seem to be to the native onboard BB10 system apps (contacts, calendar, remember, etc) but to modules of CompanionLink's own DejaOffice app.  There is mention of a possible future development to integrate with the onboard BB10 data repositories, but nothing definite.  If you have personal experience of the product can you please advise how this works in practice if I want to call or email a contact?

Thanks,

Bill

Contributor
branchgoodson

Hi Bill,

I also owned a Palm Pilot before my first Blackberry. 8)

I am waiting on a Z10 purchase in hopes that BB will deliver on its promise of a synchronization solution soon, so I do not have any practiced experience. I am seriously consider a purchase in May when CompanionLink delivers.

Like yourself I found the CampanionLink website a little confusing so I called them directly. They said the immediate sync to Outlook is through Google however you can sync via USB through DejaOffice. The update in May will make USB sync possible without Google or DejaOffice. They also assured me they would have the website updated to reduce any future confusion.

On a side note, CompanionLink will USB sync the Bold and other BB models direct to Outlook 2007, 2010, and 2013 which I have read some issues floating around the internet about sync problems with them.

If you have any additional questions CompanionLink has a knowledgeable support department (800-386-1623) and they are straight up on their product capabilities and uses. They also offer free trial versions.

Hope this helps. Best of luck!

Regular Contributor
MPF94025
My Device: Z10

For those wishing to raise the "noise" level, please feel free to add comments to the following thread in the BB support forum: "Complaints about Link disfunctionality"

I've been very concerned about this issue and had my comments moved out of a "solutions" thread into my very own "complaint" thread.

I hope this is fixed soon and echo the concerns of all those who have written on this thread.

Contributor
branchgoodson

I am a 10 year loyalist of BB running out of wait and see time. Rather than restating my thoughts and frustrations here please refer to the forum on "Z10 Outlook sync [lack thereof]" for my contributions.

Contributor
baseline7723
My Device: Z10

Hi. I took a 28 second video but although I can view it on the phone it does not sync across to my computer as I think is supposed to happen with the Blackberry Link.

I cannot email it either. Other videos taken by previous phones that are in my memory card so get synced across.

jcampolaw
My Device: BBZ10

I had the same situation!  I immediately returned my BB10.  Regardless of the upgrades, the lack of functionality with a two way sync to my desktop's Outlook, the phone is worthless to me!!!!