Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Link

Contributor
ezapper2
My Device: z10
My Carrier: rogers

Re: Z10 Outlook sync [lack thereof]

Omg. Can you guys stop crying?? its like a broken record. Before you bitch and complain which gets you no where, do your research and read a little bit. it's been addressed in 10.1.

I've read it numerous times in crackberry forums and I think I saw it on this thread too.

Now shhhhhh....
Please use plain text.
Contributor
hyscore
My Device: Z10 and PlayBook
My Carrier: Vodafone

Thanks for your kind and considerate words!   :-)

I'll stop "crying" when I no longer have to dual maintain calendar, contacts, notes, and 'to-do' items.

I'll stop "crying" when someone from BlackBerry has the decency to respond to their CUSTOMERS on this forum.

I don't want to start a flame war here, but might I ask what you actually use your smartphone for????   :-)

Bill (still crying!)

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
JFSZ10
My Carrier: Telus

I would suggest that everyone on this forum tweet their grievance to @blackberryhelp on twitter if you have a twitter account.  I complained about this issue some time back when there was no sync at all and got a fairly quick reply.  Of course the reply was "it's coming".   Well now it's here and it sucks and is incomplete so I'm going back to twitter.    Perhaps they respond to those because it is more public.  Worth a shot.  I'll include a link to this thread.  

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
JFSZ10
My Carrier: Telus

Just got a reply from @blackberryhelp. Said thank you for your questions, One way sync is available and two way is coming. LOL. Well at least it's a reply.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
hyscore
My Device: Z10 and PlayBook
My Carrier: Vodafone

Thanks JFS.

I took your advice and sent my own carping tweet.  In the process I saw both your tweet and also some updated information about the Companion Software product at http://www.bb10outlooksync.com/.

I didn't realise that the Palm Pilot people (Companion Software?) had released their full third party usb sync product on the 19th April.  (The previous version sync'd to their own product Deja Office on the Z10 rather than to the native office hub.)  It beats me how a third party can beat the vendor to the punch.  So it looks like I could shell out $24.95 to get what I need now and hope that it is compatible with whatever BlackBerry eventually manages to produce.

Personally I think it would be more equitable if Blackberry did the shelling-out and bought in the technology since their own developers must obviously be too busy working on an enhanced farcebook app or something equally business critical.

I'm not holding my breath.

Has anyone brave tried the third party sync utility yet?

There is allegedly a free trial available.  :-)

Bill

Please use plain text.
Contributor
BAET
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

esapper2, I don't think you actually know what's required in Outlook sync, and you are offering no value comments. What's available right now for sync with outlook is unacceptable. It's more cumbersom than retyping info on dual plateform. If you are not a business user, just a toy user of smartphones, please refrain you comments, and let us servious users deal with this.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
BAET

esapper2, I don't think you actually know what's required in Outlook sync, and you are offering no value comments. What's available right now for sync with outlook is unacceptable. It's more cumbersom than retyping info on dual plateform. If you are not a business user, just a toy user of smartphones, please refrain you comments, and let us servious users deal with this.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ezapper2
My Carrier: rogers

Wow serious users??? Talk to me when you buy a bes server with exchange!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
BAET

Hi hyscore,
So do you mean that we can pay 24.95 and get a solution from Palm to do the outlook sync with BB, like the way BB used to do it? I am needing a new BB, Q10, but really don't want to buy it if there is no way that I can sync outlook the "old and efficient" way
Please use plain text.
Contributor
BAET

We have used Bes for almost a decade since BB first offered it. Bes deals great with company info sync, yet outlooks sync marries personal info and company beautifully. We are a Waterloo based company, so understand the company and it's functions very well. You obviously are a kid, who are just ranting, or you are so imature and inexperienced that you act like a kid. Sorry, kids are great, just not ones like you.

Please use plain text.