Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Link

Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: rogers

Re: Z10 Outlook sync [lack thereof]

I can see most of the frustration here but there are good reasons for everything and its hard to please everyone. Give them some time.

for all of you using BIS..this was a luxury taken for granted...Carriers did not want to pay the service fee for it and started selling more IPHONE and Android b/c its FREE..

If your complaining about your gmail or any other pop mail that is too slow...tooo BAD..thats the real way how POP, IMAP mail work.

If you want PUSH email you need ActiveSync. Most people pay for an exchange Server environment or even BES.

If you want free push email, live with outlook.com. FREE ActiveSync to outlook.com. DON"T COMPLAIN B/C its FREE and Microsoft should be charging a feee for ActiveSync..
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z30 BES 10
My Carrier: AT&T

[ Edited ]

The BIS was an advantage they had over other smartphones due to the push it delivered for those email providers that didn't deliver EAS (espeicallly for Google who is walking away from it uless paid).  It was an advantage they no longer have so the timing was bad. They needed to show up with every single advantage possible. 

As for BIS I really don't care - my BB is BES only all other accounts are through WP8. 

And most people, like me, said they are willing to wait. 

Just to add - Yahoo is P-IMAP through Apple, so you can still get the push without EAS for Yahoo if you go with an iPhone.  Which is what I was saying, you don't want Apple to continue to deliver what the Blackberry "used" to be able to do. 

Contributor

I understand. But who uses yahoo anyway. Lol.. i would rather have eas anyday.
Trusted Contributor

Me too.  But Yahoo is still around and has many users and "alienating" anybody right now for any reason isn't optimum. 

I hope within a year Blackberry has an solution for some of these issues.

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: Rogers

You wanr me to buy and use your new device. Alright I have been waiting fot some time.

You want me to give up my blackberry.net email account which is the fastest delivery mechanism for my mobile.

You want me to give up the ability to have email pushed to my mobile and want me to use my data plan to receive email.

Maybe. Tell me more.

You want me to syncronize the data on my personal computer to a server on the Internet.

I don't like the sound of that.

You will not allow me to syncronize my email, calender and contact data on my personal computer directly with a cable to my mobile device.

No.

Contributor
My Device: Z10

I guess your solution is not BlackBerry. 

I, personally, will wait promised by BlackBerry sync fix.

After using my Z10 for two weeks now, and finding all the advantages over some other devices, no way I'm switching to anything else.

The sync fix should be coming soon.

Contributor

I agree go blackberry!!!
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000

Please keep the perspective as this is a rant and not a bashing.

I want to support the company however when important functionality is removed that support is at least deferred and hopefully not lost.

My Bold is reenabled for now. 

Trusted Contributor

I agree... we all want this to work.  I hope and pray (yes, I'll add pray here) that the Blackberry Link software eventually delivers the full functions of the Desktop Software we all know and love (okay, love is pushing it - it may not be pretty but it does get it done.)  Which includes the SMIME sync.   If things go well, hopefully Yahoo and Google will write apps that deliver push to those that want it...

New Contributor
My Device: 9700

I just tried to sync to Outlook 2007 to Outlook.com.  It's a pain!  I'm dumping it.

What I want, what I need is for my Z10 to sync to Outlook on my computer . . .wireless or not . . !  That is where my business is, that is where my life is and I don't want it on the cloud.

Dammed!  I don't want to have to take back my 9800 from my wife and return this one.  Except for this problem I love this unit.