Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Link

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Z10 What happened to sync for contacts and calendars from Outlook etc

I just created a google account on my iPad and it synced all my data. So now my work and home computers, iPad and BB Z10 sync automatically. Too Cool !!
Contributor
My Carrier: Telus

I sent a invitation for an appointment to a guy at work for a test, he sent it back accepting the appointment and it updated my outlook calendar at work, then it he appointment went to my iPad, Z10 and home computer.
Contributor
My Device: Playbook and Z10
My Carrier: EE

[ Edited ]

I thought of a solution.

If I sync my 9800 with my outlook using the PC BB Desktop application, then use the Blackberry Link to copy my 9800 calendar data to my Z10.

Sounds easy, right?

Wrong - BB Link does not transer the calendar data from my 9800 to the Z10.

Even though the data transfer report says it has!

New Contributor
My Device: bold 9650
My Carrier: Sprint

This is so dissapointing and disheartening.  Have been waiting since June 2012 to upgrade.  Due to the security requirements of my line of work, USB or Bluetooth is my only real option to sync to Outlook.  Have put up with a lot of grief from many given my allegiance to BB.  It is truly unfathomable that BB would do something like this.  Will wait until the Z10 is available in the States to make my final decision, but it is looking like my 9650 will be my last Berry.  At least I won't have this problem with the Windows phone.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

This will take care of all your problems when release,

http://www.companionlink.com/products/bb10-outlook.html

Should be approved shortly.

This could be pricy so I hope Blackberry will add these modes in Link as were available in Desktop Manager .

Denis

G2M
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: ATT

I would have no problem using/paying for companion link, but from what I understand, it syncs your outlook data to dejaoffice. This would mean that my calendars and contacts go to deja calendar and deja contacts, not the native bb contacts/calendar.
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell Canada

Has anyone here tried to read this page on an X10? The print is so tiny I certainly can't read it. Not even turning the X10 on its side is enough. By the time I get it big enough, it's way beyond the margins, and I have to move the text side to side.

Contributor
My Device: Playbook and Z10
My Carrier: EE

Message from blackberry support "PIM synchronization is currently not available in BlackBerry Link, but we are committed to including this later this year. Thanks. ^CCB"

G2M
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: ATT

Ticfever, that's awesome news! Thanks for sharing. If this is true, BB will certainly keep me as a customer. Fantastic
Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.840), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

ticfever wrote:

Message from blackberry support "PIM synchronization is currently not available in BlackBerry Link, but we are committed to including this later this year. Thanks. ^CCB"

Hey that is excellent! Would you mind telling us more about your source? "blackberry support" can mean many things...what channel did you get that from?

Thanks!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code