Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Link

Contributor
ThinkReferrals
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Z10 What happened to sync for contacts and calendars from Outlook etc

And all things I understand as well and if we all kept our mouths shut this feature would never be addressed.  I would argue the point that Blackberry does know their customers and knows what they use and why.  A company trying to get back into the market has eyes and ears on the web and on the forums and knows what people are waiting for in a BB device.  Hell, I knew that massive amounts of people were waiting for the new BB10 specifically for the direct sync of calendar and contacts and I was one of them and never kept it a secret.

BB not wanting to use intellisync is not really and end user problem, they needed to have a replacement in mind if they wanted to remove that specific product, otherwise they should have announced that one of their popular features is no longer going to be incorporated in which case a whole lot of people would have avoided this crazy and loyal wait for something that was never intended to be included.  Blackberry has had this ability for as long as I can remember and there is no reason it should take 4 years like iPhone because it is a well known BlackBerry feature.  iPhone added this limited feature because there was user demand for it, I don't think it was incompetance on the part of Blackberry that missed the need for this feature, I think it was a gamble to see if they could get away with not including it and the gamble failed.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
scopewizard

The feature to sync with outlook contacts and calendar exists but people do not wish for security reason to go the cloud for it. It appears BB is trying to have the same approach to smartphone as other providers. Other alternatives are limited and may not solve your problem. All we can do is wait.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
ExchangeVeteran
My Carrier: Virgin

YOu can synch outlook on any android deveice depending on your app suite you have isnstalled. the apps that come with the phones dont do it.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
ExchangeVeteran

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
ExchangeVeteran

Under no circumstances should a user ever have to rely on the "cloud" to be able to move data from one device to another.  Apple's need to have you use the the cloud is simply one more of their ploys to yet you umbilically hooked to their heroin.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
ExchangeVeteran

Now ger ready for the fact that "categories" are no longer supported.  

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
rogshore
My Carrier: Sprint

Hmmm... I wonder if this Android app could be ported?  Anyone given this a shot?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ThinkReferrals

yeah, that is another business tool that has been dumped which makes life a little more annoying with my crazy number of contacts.
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
ExchangeVeteran

no chance.  Android is baically UNIX ona diet (whereas apple is UNIX FAT) and BB10 is umm, ?? C++ written down i think... ugh. The emulation required to run an android app on a BB is not out there. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ThinkReferrals

Actually there is a method to sideload Android apps but it is still a crapshoot, I am guessing that there is no android app that would sync Outlook with Blackberry Calendar with invitations functioning like they did on OS7 and before. There are only a few lines of code to rewrite in android apps to convert them but there has to be an app that does what is needed and this conversation isn't limited to just the sync action, it is about the overall use of a synced calendar on both devices.
Please use plain text.