Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Link

Contributor
Bonsaibo
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Z10 What happened to sync for contacts and calendars from Outlook etc

I'm attempting to use the Outlook.com connector method.  Has anyone experienced the following problem? 

Add a contact via Outlook.com, syncs fine with BlackBerry. Change it or delete it on BlackBerry, syncs fine back to Outlook.com. However, add the contact on BlackBerry and then change or delete it on Outlook.com, it does not affect the BlackBerry.  I have to go back to the BlackBerry and change it or delete it again directly on the phone.  Thus, not really a two way sync. 

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Bonsaibo wrote:

I'm attempting to use the Outlook.com connector method.  Has anyone experienced the following problem? 

Add a contact via Outlook.com, syncs fine with BlackBerry. Change it or delete it on BlackBerry, syncs fine back to Outlook.com. However, add the contact on BlackBerry and then change or delete it on Outlook.com, it does not affect the BlackBerry.  I have to go back to the BlackBerry and change it or delete it again directly on the phone.  Thus, not really a two way sync. 

Hello,

I have actually experienced a very similar situation...trying to integrate calendar and contacts for 4 devices (PC Outlook, Z10, PlayBook, Droid) using Hotmail (same as Outlook.com) as the intermediary. For the most part, it worked quite seamlessly. But, in two cases, some Contact items failed in a similar fashion to what you report (one actually failed to delete from the PlayBook, which even more causes me concern!). It concerns me greatly as you are correct that it does not truly achieve 2-way sync. I am in the midst of some scripted tests to try and narrow down any pattern to when it fails...so far, it feels random...but my testing continues.

Thank you for reporting this...as I have been wanting more cases of this to cite...

Cheers!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Bonsaibo
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Verizon

At least I know I'm not nuts. After I added my post, I thought I'd play around a bit to try some other ideas. So far, the calendar sync is working perfectly (i.e two way regardless if I add/change/delete on Outlook.com and/or the BlackBerry). However contacts are still causing issues. I just added a new contact via the BlackBerry and it synced to Outlook.com.  Added a new contact on Outlook.com and it did NOT sync to the BB. 

I'll see what your findings are. Thanks. 

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Bonsaibo wrote:

At least I know I'm not nuts. After I added my post, I thought I'd play around a bit to try some other ideas. So far, the calendar sync is working perfectly (i.e two way regardless if I add/change/delete on Outlook.com and/or the BlackBerry). However contacts are still causing issues. I just added a new contact via the BlackBerry and it synced to Outlook.com.  Added a new contact on Outlook.com and it did NOT sync to the BB. 

I'll see what your findings are. Thanks. 

Hi there!

Thanks for the update. If you would not mind, would you go to this newly-created "sticky" thread:

and report your specific results there? The issue concerns me, and I want to gather specific accounts of this specific issue, all in that one thread.

Thanks!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
ticfever
My Device: Playbook and Z10
My Carrier: EE

BlackBerry have just released a new version of link which allows for PIM sync with outlook. That was a quick turnaround.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
branchgoodson
My Device: 9930

That's a one way sync, which is about as useful as a one way ticket for a vacation. You really wish you didn't have to come back but the fact is you need to go both ways.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ThinkReferrals
My Device: Z10, Playbook & 9800 (backup)
My Carrier: Rogers

They did state in the update that this was a temp patch and that the full sync was going to be in the next update.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
BarryBlack
My Device: BB Z10
My Carrier: BASE (german provider)

ThinkReferrals wrote:

They did state in the update that this was a temp patch and that the full sync was going to be in the next update.

Good news - if it comes true. Xing fingers ...
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Degui123
My Device: z10
My Carrier: att

I was able to switch from my torch to the Z10 outlook address book, calendars and notes but I had to do it twice. I started with the original blackberry desktop manager, switch device, back up, and just followed directions including blackberry link. I had to do it twice to get all of my outlook data to transfer. It was obvious the second time it was a quicker process and looked different too.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
ticfever
My Device: Playbook and Z10
My Carrier: EE

Yep - BBRY have fixed that in the latest link. You just have to do the switch device on a periodic basis to keep you z10 up to date with your outlook
Please use plain text.