Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Link

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: 3

Re: Z10 What happened to sync for contacts and calendars from Outlook etc

Many thanks. I have created an outlook.com account and added the calendar. In future though so I therefore need to ask people to post calendar appts to the outlook.com email? I really wanted to keep my original email for appts?

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2582), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

eabond wrote:

Many thanks. I have created an outlook.com account and added the calendar. In future though so I therefore need to ask people to post calendar appts to the outlook.com email? I really wanted to keep my original email for appts?

I'm sorry, I'm not understanding that...can you try again please?

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: 3

I have a calendar attached to my current email account in Outlook, so if someone sends me an appointment by email (to my current email address) it gets added into my calendar.  In order to use outlook.com I have to have an outlook.com email address and so if someone sends me an appointment to my current email address won't I have to manually copy it into the outlook.com calendar (unless I am misunderstanding things?).  I sometimes accept appointments in Outlook and sometimes directly on my phone (depending upon where I am).

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2582), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Depending on which method you chose to set it up in your Outlook client, maybe yes or maybe no.

If you chose the method I did not write (adding Outlook.com to an existing Outlook profile), then yes you will have to do some manual things. If you receive, via a different email address, an invite and you accept, it will go into your default Outlook calendar, which is not the Outlook.com calendar.

But, if you used the method I wrote (creating a new Outlook profile and making Outlook.com the first account created in that profile), then the Outlook.com calendar is the default for your Outlook client, and you can accept invites that come in via any email address, and they will go directly into your Outlook.com calendar (since it's the default).

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

In OS6 you could sync calendar & contacts for free using Onemediahub. I used it suucessfully to keep my Blackberry, desktop & laptop synced.
Today I requested an Android compatible converted app from Goodreader.com and they got back to me right away.
Here is the link for the side loaded app:

http://apps.goodereader.com/playbook/new-blackberry-playbook-apps/?did=13986

Regular Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: ATT

Please let us know if it works.

I recently purchased the BB10 PC Outlook Sync app and it did not work. The company, based in Portland, responded promptly, and replicated some of the problems I was seeing. They seem responsible and are working on it, but alas, a reliable desktop two-way sync eludes us.

We were supposed to have this in BB Link by the time the Q10 rolled out, but no such luck.

It will be interesting to see how much of an impact this will have on the Q10 crowd as they migrate devices. Will it be a blip or a roar?

I will provide feedback if/when BB10PC Outlook Sync starts working for me.

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Still waiting for this.

USB sync to outlook that is.

New Contributor
My Device: torch 9800
My Carrier: at&t

linking from another post on email accounts requiring reentry of passwords... I have two POP accounts on my Z10 (three if you include the new outlook.com used to fix the syncing.  Just spent 30 minutes wiht phone support and was told that's how POP email works!!!!  after I calmed down and explained that these same two email accounts worked on my BB Torch without ever ONCE having to reenter the password - the agent admitted that "they" were working on it. 

So after 5 days with this device it's going back to the store tomorrow - fortunately I have a 14 day return guarantee - but probably won't get the activation fees refunded...

Reasons for return:

two -way synch with USB for calendar and contacts not supported...  I had to set up a hotmail account and copy my contacts and calendar entries there and then sync to that account - from both outlook and the phone.  Several hours of experimenting and moving stuff around and it sort of works.  Can't easily do things like cancel an accepted meeting from the phone; reminders don't show up on the phone; simple stuff that EVERY BUSINESS PERSON COUNTS ON EVERY DAY... 

This issue with email passwords is the straw that broke the back.  I don't really want to turn my Torch back on due to the poor performance of Blackberry on this new release - so guess I'll look hard at the Samsung Galaxy 4 - I searched their support files and can't find similar complaints.

Contributor
My Device: 9930

Check out the HTC One. Verizon may be carrying it soon.

Contributor
My Device: Z10, Playbook & 9800 (backup)
My Carrier: Rogers

A lot of us are in that same boat, I bought the Z10 on day 1 in Canada.  The latest news I have found is that the sync is currently in beta and it is slated to be released soon.  There is currently a one way sync to your phone through USB but it is manual though desktop link.  I have to admit I almost brought my phone back after hearing the news and am thrilled that I didn't, this is by far the best hardware ever and the minor issues are being worked on right now.